No announcement yet.

Check engine light no code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A exhaust leak at the converter would cause unmetered air on the down stream O2, was this problem there before the cat converter replacement.
    Year, make, model and eng size ?

Comment

No problem was not there before I had it replaced.. came up 1 week after. 2011 ram dakota 3.7

Comment

Fix exhaust leak and let the computer reset itself.

Comment

Well broke down this am block from my house started missing liek crazy and check light flashing so I parked it.. Not sure whats going on now.. No new codes..

Comment

now the plot thickens.........more to come soon

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
              now the plot thickens.........more to come soon
              Idk about that just that it sucks have a broken down truck..

Comment

The light was flashing due to a heavy misfire and rich conditionalso likely caused by the exhaust leak, FIX THE EXHAUST LEAK

Comment

I only had (1) Dodge in my live. That was (1) to many. Sorry for your issues!

Comment

The B1S1 and B1S2 readings have certain parameters they have to be with in, your exhaust leak between those 2 sensors is causing incorrect readings and unmetered air to enter and escape the Bankn1 exhaust system.
                    As u stated this issue was not there before the converter replacement.
                    Also not all after market catalyst converters are the same and some of the generic weld on are junk.
                    Fix the leak first then test drive it

Comment

Originally posted by SAVIOUR68 View Post
                      The B1S1 and B1S2 readings have certain parameters they have to be with in, your exhaust leak between those 2 sensors is causing incorrect readings and unmetered air to enter and escape the Bankn1 exhaust system.
                      As u stated this issue was not there before the converter replacement.
                      Also not all after market catalyst converters are the same and some of the generic weld on are junk.
                      Fix the leak first then test drive it
                      Plan on it tonight Now I need to fig out what gap to set my new plugs..

Comment

Well he said he found 4 small leaks and welded them up.. I hope this is my issues.. He cleared the codes for me so we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                          Plan on it tonight Now I need to fig out what gap to set my new plugs..
                          I believe .040 gap on the 3.7 plugs

Comment

Napa said .50 another napa said .44 autozone said .40 and advanced said .45 lol

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                              Napa said .50 another napa said .44 autozone said .40 and advanced said .45 lol
                              This drives a machinist crazy!

.050 .044 .040 .045

Comment

Lol sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X