Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #101
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Ragin Cajuns will start the year off 1-0 in Austin.
That game makes me very nervous. I saw Vegas had it at a 12-14 point line and I am ready to put everything I have on the Ragin Cajuns to cover that. Napier is a hell of a ball coach and Texas will come out of the gate for the 1st time under Sark.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:51 AM   #102
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Sheesh y’all picked up quickly on the new thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #103
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Ragin Cajuns will start the year off 1-0 in Austin.

They’ll need to stop the running game, I know they return 95% of their production on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #104
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to pencil Clemson in. They face UGA in week 1. I realize they can overcome an early loss (especially with their week-ish remaining schedule), but it's definitely not a given that they get in.

At this point I'd lean toward Bama, tOSU, Oklahoma as fairly heavy favorites. Clemson likely has the upper hand on the 4 spot (even with a loss to UGA - I still think they give the benefit to a conference champ) followed closely by Oregon and UGA.
I dont think Clemson skips a beat with DJ at QB. That kid is going to be 1/1 in my opinion. Their defense is what bothered me last year. They really need some improvement down the field. With some growing/experience up front they should come back around to the top of the heap.

This may come back to bite me, but I will never respect UGA. Their lack of winning the big games with that level of talent is ridiculous.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #105
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
They’ll need to stop the running game, I know they return 95% of their production on offense.

Honestly it will be a tough place for the Cajuns to win but they will have a dang good team this year and return probably a top 10 secondary in the country. Their secondary was very good last year and should be as good this year. I believe the cajuns finished 3rd in the country last year in passing yards allowed. Biggest question for the Cajuns is a go to receiver. They have some ok receivers but no real standout. They also need an elite rb to step up after losing their studs from last season.
RaginCagin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #106
Chad C
Pope & Young

Lol

Old 07-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #107
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Lol

Thats a funny list. One could argue Patterson is #1. But he is definitely #2
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 01:56 PM   #108
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Lol

Is this by winning percentage? If so, it seems pretty close.
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #109
Beargrasstx
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Sure. Using the moving goal post dates you picked....

A&M is 1-5 vs teams that won a National Title that season

Texas is 0-1 vs teams that won a National Title that season

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.
Speaking of Manziel... The Ags smashed OU in the Cotton Bowl the year Dodds was going to duck the ags (told cotton bowl committee member that tu will not play ags) but the horns lost the last game of year bringing them out of the bowl conversation anyway. How bad did the Sooners beat Texas that year?
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #110
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Preseason all 12 team, the media adores this cyclones squad.

A lot of their returners are 5th and 6th year Covid guys is the reason. It's like playing BYU's team of 25 year olds with better athletes. Could be interesting
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #111
Beargrasstx
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Welcome Newbie....I see you will fit right in here cutting your teeth regurgitating stuff that has been discussed here ad nauseam trying to set us all straight. You realize that we have been hashing this **** out for 15 plus years right?

Hell if we played 2-3 D-2 teams a year, Texas would have a similar record even in its worst stretch on record.. Pretty sure the talk last year before season and before you appearing, was that if A&M was going to win something that the schedule was lined up for the taking last year... ....congratulations on taking advantage of it and getting your 4th place trophy for the "Hall of Champions". Glad to see A&M win yall "something" in a down SEC year...
The talk you are referring to was before covid struck and the schedule got out of whack. Once that happened, the schedule got more difficult and Bama was played second game of the year versus at the end of the year. The Ags added Florida and Tennessee to the schedule. We didn't find our identity until midway of the Florida game.

Funny how an all SEC schedule become a 'down' year because of win loss records. Too bad the SEC didn't play some cream puff Sun Belt conference teams... Doh, that is right the Big 12 went 0-3??

Look texas based on recruiting rankings you swear are legit and not skewed then 'Sark after Dark' should be undefeated or only have one loss to OU. Every team on the schedule they have more talent than according to the rankings. However, I don't seem to get that confidence from the fans on here.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 02:43 PM   #112
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:
That game makes me very nervous. I saw Vegas had it at a 12-14 point line and I am ready to put everything I have on the Ragin Cajuns to cover that. Napier is a hell of a ball coach and Texas will come out of the gate for the 1st time under Sark.

Stop it.

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #113
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beargrasstx View Post
The talk you are referring to was before covid struck and the schedule got out of whack. Once that happened, the schedule got more difficult and Bama was played second game of the year versus at the end of the year. The Ags added Florida and Tennessee to the schedule. We didn't find our identity until midway of the Florida game.

Funny how an all SEC schedule become a 'down' year because of win loss records. Too bad the SEC didn't play some cream puff Sun Belt conference teams... Doh, that is right the Big 12 went 0-3??

Look texas based on recruiting rankings you swear are legit and not skewed then 'Sark after Dark' should be undefeated or only have one loss to OU. Every team on the schedule they have more talent than according to the rankings. However, I don't seem to get that confidence from the fans on here.
We are cautiously optimistic… with a new set of coaches and a new QB. With a new QB you talk like the SEC is yours to lose…. Welcome back to the 4 cream puffs ….
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 03:13 PM   #114
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!

I'm looking forward to Sept 11th, WPS!
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #115
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
Stop it.

They are a Top 25 ball club returning a lot of their team from a 10-1 season. They knocked off Iowa State in the first game of the season last year. They have a **** good ball coach. They are getting their shot at the University of Texas, so you know Texas will get their best effort.

Texas is breaking in a new coaching staff, systems, and QB. The Maryland season openers still haunt my dreams. Until I see some product on the field from Texas, I have no idea what this season or team will look like. I have big expectations, but until I see some results I am holding off on beating the drum.

Yes, I understand the University of Texas should have no problem beating Louisiana; however, I also am realistic with all the factors at play. So Yes, I should have some doubt going into the game.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:13 PM   #116
Chad C
Pope & Young

Heather Dinich pimp slapping the SEC East with that Finebaum character.

“The SEC East is one of the weakest divisions in college football,” Dinich said via Finebaum’s tweet. “She says Big 12 has better chance of getting 2 in CFP (OU and ISU) than SEC. Also, she says Florida is NOT in her preseason Top 25.”

Old 07-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #117
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

So how would the Big 12 get two in? They would have to split both games. Both teams have 1 loss? By they I mean OU, Iowa State or Texas.....or TCU.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #118
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
So how would the Big 12 get two in? They would have to split both games. Both teams have 1 loss? By they I mean OU, Iowa State or Texas.....or TCU.

Nope. Undefeated and close one loss team in conference championship.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:09 PM   #119
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
They are a Top 25 ball club returning a lot of their team from a 10-1 season. They knocked off Iowa State in the first game of the season last year. They have a **** good ball coach. They are getting their shot at the University of Texas, so you know Texas will get their best effort.

Texas is breaking in a new coaching staff, systems, and QB. The Maryland season openers still haunt my dreams. Until I see some product on the field from Texas, I have no idea what this season or team will look like. I have big expectations, but until I see some results I am holding off on beating the drum.

Yes, I understand the University of Texas should have no problem beating Louisiana; however, I also am realistic with all the factors at play. So Yes, I should have some doubt going into the game.
I don't know Billy personally but I feel he is at his ceiling. Not wishing any ill will against the guy but this is his niche IMO. He could certainly prove me wrong.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #120
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:

Texas will be bigger, faster, stronger, at home. I get shying away from the points but Texas wins this by 2 TDs easily.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #121
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Nope. Undefeated and close one loss team in conference championship.
Not possible. After that game both would have one loss or one would have two.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #122
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Texas will be bigger, faster, stronger, at home. I get shying away from the points but Texas wins this by 2 TDs easily.

Yeah, right.

Maryland.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:12 PM   #123
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah, right.

Maryland.

Tom, is that you?

Last edited by Chad C; 07-09-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #124
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

Battered Tom / Charlie Syndrome
Old 07-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #125
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah, right.

Maryland.

Texas was not faster than Maryland. Bigger and stronger though....
Old 07-09-2021, 07:26 PM   #126
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not possible. After that game both would have one loss or one would have two.

Not possible? How so?

I think we are arguing the same thing lol
Old 07-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #127
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Hurry up Sept!
Slew is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 12:20 AM   #128
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:

Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball......problem solved. Texas Offense will wear them down. Texas by 21.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #129
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Not possible? How so?

I think we are arguing the same thing lol
If OU (or Iowa St) goes 13-0 and wins the conference the loser of the championship game would have 2 losses at the very least and will not be in the playoff. If the one loss team wins the championship game they may get in but the loser with one loss will not. The SEC has a better chance to get two in because of divisions and no round robin.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #130
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
If OU (or Iowa St) goes 13-0 and wins the conference the loser of the championship game would have 2 losses at the very least and will not be in the playoff. If the one loss team wins the championship game they may get in but the loser with one loss will not. The SEC has a better chance to get two in because of divisions and no round robin.

Are you saying they lose to the same team twice?
Using your example. What if ou wins during regular season and Iowa st wins championship game? Each have 1 loss…
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #131
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Are you saying they lose to the same team twice?
Using your example. What if ou wins during regular season and Iowa st wins championship game? Each have 1 loss…

Each having one loss is the only way to get two in but it won't happen. Only the winner of the second game gets in.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-10-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #132
Chad C
Pope & Young

Lol, the point of that post was just how dumb some of these college analyst are. Lol

Old 07-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #133
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol, the point of that post was just how dumb some of these college analyst are. Lol

Correct.

I left that part out. She's an idiot. Lol.

Old 07-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #134
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Ar...ent-167652396/

Les is a joke

Old 07-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #135
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:

Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #136
Chad C
Pope & Young

Brock, these kids are nutty!

https://twitter.com/d_jamison5/statu...221649927?s=21

Old 07-11-2021, 09:02 PM   #137
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:

Goodness bring back toxic masculinity

Old 07-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #138
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Old 07-11-2021, 10:01 PM   #139
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Quote:

Aggys…
Old 07-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #140
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Aggys…

Draggys

Old 07-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #141
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Draggys

https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/alyssa-e...d-2021-contest

“Dragieland”…
Old 07-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #142
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Ahhh…rent freeeee!!!!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 10:17 PM   #143
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

Someone from the cesspool called Austin really want to go there?
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 10:26 PM   #144
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Someone from the cesspool called Austin really want to go there?
It seems your folks went there…😂😂😂
Old 07-11-2021, 10:28 PM   #145
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Ahhh…rent freeeee!!!!

No rent needed when Aggy uses TikTok to show the world the inside of the house.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:43 AM   #146
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Those dang tiktok dances. Ugh.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #147
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:

And the hits keep on coming. The team needs to give him a Full Metal Jacket soap in the sock beating.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #148
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
We are cautiously optimistic… with a new set of coaches and a new QB. With a new QB you talk like the SEC is yours to lose…. Welcome back to the 4 cream puffs ….
I apologize for the delay, do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Old 07-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #149
Chad C
Pope & Young

It’s always good to pick up a kid that’s expected to go to “The” rival. Hopefully they can hold on to his commitment.

Old 07-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #150
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wharton County

Shadrach Banks

Gary Patterson just said he moved to linebacker at TCU. Said he weighed 242 pounds. And you TCU boys thought Aggies were being sore losers when he hit the portal! We tried to tell y’all!

Pin Oak DXT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top