Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #151
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Iíve realized saying ĎIíll practice laterí does not work. Up, breakfast then guitar time. The grey cells and muscles are making connections.

Iím enjoying the deck outside before elk season (and snow). The neighborís cattle 1/4 mile below or the pair of sand hill cranes donít take notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill, my blood pressure dropped 10 points just looking at your awesome patio view. I too have found earlier in the day to be better for working on my music. Keep entertaining those cattle and sand hill cranes with some nice guitar sounds. And keep posting your progress, good luck.
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 05:18 AM   #152
BessH
Nubbin' Buck

Great topic. I'm glad that I'm not alone who decided to finally learn the guitar being an adult.
BessH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #153
YarikN
Nubbin' Buck

I agree. The topic is really good and includes a lot of useful information. Thanks, guys. I started learning the guitar only two months ago and sometimes I just want to scream, but how great it is when I finally see the result Usually, I just watch videos and look through the different guides on the Internet. It is awesome that we have such a possibility today. I haven't heard about the guitarpass site, thanks for sharing, I'll check it out for sure.
As for the theory, I've already begun learning it. Btw, I use Fortenotation. This is a good and useful music notation software that allows me to write the chords down, save my score as a PDF file, send it, print it out, etc. The process is pretty exciting, I should say. And there is a free version that is enough for the beginner, in my opinion.
Someone mentioned here that lessons with a teacher can help. I'm sure they can (I learned the piano when I was a kid, so I know that there are things that are better and faster to learn with a professional).
And Bill, I can't help saying about your patio view. It is amazing! It must be a perfect place for practicing.
YarikN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #154
Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montana

Hereís a question.

If I pick my #1 string (E), when I damp the E string I still hear a vibration in the guitar.

If I go string-by-string to the others I still hear it.

If I put a finger across all 6 strings it stops.

Could it be in the bridge?

Keep pickiní

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #155
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Can you post a video of the vibration noise, Bill? Might help to diagnose it. It could be the bridge or saddle or maybe something else? Hard to tell without seeing/hearing it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #156
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hereís a question.

If I pick my #1 string (E), when I damp the E string I still hear a vibration in the guitar.

If I go string-by-string to the others I still hear it.

If I put a finger across all 6 strings it stops.

Could it be in the bridge?

Keep pickiní

Probably a harmonic resonance. Try #6 string to see if it does the same.
No big deal for me.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 02:18 PM   #157
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

I still think that it's so cool that you are picking up this hobby now. I played daily for 15 years and finally got burnt out on it and haven't picked up a guitar in a few years now. reading threads like this make me want to knock the dust off one of the many I own and get to it.

Keep strummin away man!
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top