Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #101
Farmdog
Pope & Young

You can go to hell for cullin pie but chocolate it is!
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #102
kkp005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Madison County

Leave the guy alone.. Getting killed by a wacko neighbor over something simple is not a hill I’m willing to die on
kkp005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #103
Gerald G
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mississippi, Colorado

Anybody heard from Tony since he posted this?
Gerald G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 09:45 PM   #104
tonyguitarguy
Four Point

Im here. Hes been all quiet. He had swiveled his camera to anther house since our "conversation." He turned it back to my house on Monday. He hasn't come out of the house. I smile at the camera occasionally. Hes been leaving all the lights off every night so hes in complete darkness. Im fixing to install a light facing the street towards his house, not directly at his house. And installing a camera facing his house, the way he is to mine. My current cameras face all entrances of my house, 1 more wont hurt.
tonyguitarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:20 PM   #105
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhunterB View Post
A guy in our neighborhood has tried to kick in / yank open several doors in the neighborhood (at around 4 or 5 in the morning) in the past couple of weeks. He is panting, pacing and saying things like, "Call 911", "your hands behind your head", "mass murder" on the Ring videos. Has broken one windshield and scratched another car.

Police have been called several times but don't seem to want or be able to do much apparently. not sure if it is mental or drug issues, or both but it is sad and aggravating at the same time.
meth head; guaranteed
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:29 PM   #106
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP51 View Post
The bravado abounds. Best advice is to not provoke him in any way.
so just let him run the neighborhood like a kingpin????

B.S. but the other people were vastly unprepared for what took place... you just never know who you are F'ing with.

be careful.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:55 PM   #107
Tom
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocky Mountains, Africa

I would rip it off the corner of his house at the right time. no camera no pictures.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 12:49 AM   #108
rebelbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: tx,ks,ok

He asked him politely not to record his house and family
the man responded by brandishing a firearm (implied threat)
then threatened to "mess him up" (terroristic threat)
and he would "get him" (terroristic threat)
all the while behaving like a lunatic
definitely enough to get the police involved
and i would armed everytime i was outside
rebelbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #109
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
You can go to hell for cullin pie but chocolate it is!
You know how it is... one you miss is one you never make up.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #110
rolylane6
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
He eventually burnt the house down and left a couple months ago. No drama was ever had.
Aren't these 2 sentences just a little contradicting?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #111
c3products20
Eight Point

Your should get 3 or 4 of those fake cameras and put them all along the side of the house facing his house..... JK that would be a terrible idea!
c3products20 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #112
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
so just let him run the neighborhood like a kingpin????

B.S. but the other people were vastly unprepared for what took place... you just never know who you are F'ing with.

be careful.

LMAO at “run the neighborhood like a kingpin.” You mean the guy that stays to himself and doesn’t talk to anyone? The guy who the OP said has been there 10 years and he’s never spoke to him? That’s guy is running the neighborhood like a kingpin?
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #113
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
Whats the proper situation here. This guy across the street has a camcorder that he placed on the corner of his house that he faces at different houses randomly everyday. Last week it was faced at my neighbors, this week he has it facing mine.

I believe he is schizophrenic, as we've seen him have episodes over the past few years in the middle of the street. His family moved out and left him there.

We'll I saw him outside the other day and kindly asked him to stop recording or facing that camera towards our house, as I have little girls and a wife that are home by themselves somedays while Im at work. He threw a fit saying that its not illegal (which Im aware of) and that he isnt a convicted felon. He then asked me to step into his property if I want to see what he is recording. He then went into his house and brought out a gun. He left it at his gate as he approached me in the middle of the street and threatened to "mess me up" and that he is going to catch me one day. He may have ahad a pistol on his waist which is why I decided to walk into my property and wait for him to trespass before I called the cops. I never have talked to this guy in the 10 years of living here. This was the first occurrence since I feel nearly violated. Had he had the camera maybe facing his driveway or something, then it wouldn't be an issue. But Ive seen him move his camera during the day to face other houses, so he is doing something purposely.

I'm assuming nothing can be done until he breaks the law; not sure if him brandishing his weapon and threatening to hurt me is illegal, but looking for anything legal I can bring to this guy to at least get him to at least remove that camera.

Any thoughts?
I am just curious why you have lived there 10 years and had never met your neighbor across the street?

Is this in a subdivision or in a country setting?

Is this the same street that someone squatting (as far as you know) built a shack on the vacant wooded lot?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2021, 05:13 PM   #114
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Did you ever contact the law to just get the incident documented as others recommended since he brought out the "gun" (pistol, rifle, or shotgun?) and threatened you?
Old 07-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #115
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellingtontx View Post
...Then,,,,,,,,If his cameras are motion activated, drive them wild and him crazier - go to the nearest DG and buy half a dozen aluminum pin wheels, place in your /property yard towards his cameras - he will have hours and hours of blank video.
The HOA ain't gonna like that!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #116
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Any update?
Old 07-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #117
sasqy
Ten Point

Hunt In: my sasquatch suit

This is why I moved to a dead end road in the middle of nowhere !
Now I can be the crazy person.
sasqy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 08:04 PM   #118
Jon Stewart
Six Point

Nothing you can do about it. I can walk down the street and stop and take photo's of everyones home and nothing can be done as long as I don't enter the property.
Jon Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 08:30 PM   #119
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Any update?
I think he's going to put a camera pointed back at his house. That should do it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:14 PM   #120
Avid Hunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Ozona, Kilgore, Shamrock

I will never miss living in a neighborhood. Too many people living Too close together equals Too many problems.
Avid Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #121
Avid Hunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Ozona, Kilgore, Shamrock

The 'Burbs
Avid Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #122
RMW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Down South

Weird sob for sure, tell him your sorry and invite him over for a beer and when he walks into your home blast him. Lol j/k I wouldn’t do this
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #123
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Any update?
Aboot 9 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, and a few days til we find out
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #124
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

"sss"
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #125
pervis
Ten Point

I truly hope no one on this site ever has to deal w anyone who is paranoid schizophrenic. It’s a truly mad mental disorder. If your neighbor is and he is acting weird or crazy man cut bait sell your house and run. The persons mind is so melted and convoluted I cant even begin to explain. I deal w it w my soon to be ex wife. Document document document. The only way to deal w someone who is schizophrenic is legally. No matter what you do they can and will turn on you. As I type this I can’t even begin to explain it. The best explanation for guys reading this is, they imagine everyone is out to get em (the paranoia) the erratic crazy nutso behavior is the schizophrenia. Schizophrenia I can try to explain it. So you take 3 books 300 pages long, tear out all the pages, scramble all the pages to all the books together and read it. The book would make no sense to a normal person but to a schizophrenic it’s their truth and their reality. It can be very dangerous. There’s truly no answer for it. There is medicine. Most schizophrenics will take it, level out and think they’re fine and go off their meds. It’s a vicious cycle.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2021, 11:07 PM   #126
tonyguitarguy
Four Point

I did not call the cops,, figured it would make the situation worse. Since our encounter, I have seen him outside plenty of times and he has paid no mind to me. Since he has turned off all the lights at his house at night, which has a privacy fence all the way around except for the driveway, I placed a light facing the street, kind of in his driveway. At night, he is in complete darkness. Looks pitch black over there.

Hes about sixty years old I assume. His dad left him there to go live somewhere else since he had a major surgery and needs to be taken care of. I see his dad drive in once a week, I assume to give him essentials. Other than that, the guy never leaves. He doesn't drive.

Our encounter was documented on my camera. Shows him bringing out the gun and talking crazy and threatening me. Thats my documentation. We shall see how this continues.
Old 07-11-2021, 11:14 PM   #127
Burnadell
Pope & Young

He has a privacy fence all the way around his house...in front? How does the camera on the corner of his house film over that? This must be in a country setting.
Old 07-11-2021, 11:35 PM   #128
tonyguitarguy
Four Point

Yes, country burbs, if that makes sense. He has it on pole at the corner of his house. Way above the fences.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:59 AM   #129
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Best of luck to you. There’s no good answer when dealing with someone like that. Hopefully he just goes back in his own little world and y’all don’t have another confrontation.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:03 AM   #130
Deuce16
Ten Point

Hunt In: central TX

Some of the "advice' that is posted.... makes me think a few guys on here have some mental instability.
There are services that can help this man before it goes atomic.
Deuce16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 06:09 PM   #131
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

If you would have called the cops when all this went down.The part about the gun,and gonna kick your ***..I betcha he they would have confronted him.He possibly goes off on them,and his crazy *** would have got arrested.
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 06:13 PM   #132
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Quote:
I did not call the cops,, figured it would make the situation worse. Since our encounter, I have seen him outside plenty of times and he has paid no mind to me. Since he has turned off all the lights at his house at night, which has a privacy fence all the way around except for the driveway, I placed a light facing the street, kind of in his driveway. At night, he is in complete darkness. Looks pitch black over there.

Hes about sixty years old I assume. His dad left him there to go live somewhere else since he had a major surgery and needs to be taken care of. I see his dad drive in once a week, I assume to give him essentials. Other than that, the guy never leaves. He doesn't drive.

Our encounter was documented on my camera. Shows him bringing out the gun and talking crazy and threatening me. Thats my documentation. We shall see how this continues.
You should talk to his dad.....
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #133
joey1656
Ten Point

Hunt In: avoyelles parish louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
I'd take the lens of his camera out with a pellet gun. If he still points it at your house. You know he's nut's. Wait till dark 30
i think i would have done this first without speaking to him. Kinda the SSS route. take out the camera and keep mouth shut.
joey1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #134
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Read this news story and made me think of this thread

Central Texas father fights for life after being shot while taking out trash
Steven Anderson’s family says he was shot in the face for no reason

By Rissa Shaw
Published: Jul. 20, 2021 at 1:18 AM CDT
WACO, Texas (KWTX) - A Waco father is recovering in a local hospital after being shot while taking out the garbage earlier this month.

“The gentleman next door walks up and starts mumbling some stuff to him and just puts the gun to his cheek and pulls the trigger,” Felicia Sanchez Anderson told KWTX.

Anderson says her husband, Steven Anderson, was taking out the trash with her before 6 a.m. on July 9 when he was shot in the face.

“I was maybe two seconds behind him,” she said. “I heard a pop, it didn’t even occur to me that it was a gunshot.”

Anderson says they don’t even know the shooter, calling it a random act of violence.

“We know that he is married to our next door neighbor’s daughter, we don’t know him, he doesn’t know us, my husband said nothing to him,” said Anderson “There is no excuse for this kind of violence.”

Their children and other family members were inside at the time including her stepfather who called 911.

“My husband looks at me and says ‘he shot me’, he’s holding his face and he’s like ‘he shot me,’ and he’s telling the gentleman ‘you shot me, why did you shoot me for? what are you doing?’ and at that point, the gentleman turns around and takes off in a U-Haul truck,” said Anderson.

Waco Police Department officials say they later found the suspect, Aaron Ruffin, at a separate address and arrested him.

Ruffin was booked into the McLennan County Jail on four charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawfully carrying a weapon.

He remained jailed Monday in lieu of bonds totaling $225,000, according to jail records.

Anderson says she’s living in fear and confusion.

“I don’t think people understand how dangerous everything is becoming these days when you’re walking up to someone and potentially trying to murder them...it doesn’t make any sense,” said Anderson. ”I don’t know if he’s coming back for us or not, I just hope that the Waco PD does their job and we don’t have to worry about our safety when we go home.”

Anderson has been living at the hospital with her husband since the shooting while family members take care of their children.

Her husband has had two surgeries and is undergoing a third one Tuesday.

While he can’t eat or talk because his mouth is wired shut, he’s expected to survive, Anderson says.

”He is a very strong person, but his spirits are down,” said Anderson.

Meanwhile, their medical bills are piling up.

More information on how to help the family can be found here.

Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #135
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Read this news story and made me think of this thread

Central Texas father fights for life after being shot while taking out trash
Steven Anderson’s family says he was shot in the face for no reason

By Rissa Shaw
Published: Jul. 20, 2021 at 1:18 AM CDT
WACO, Texas (KWTX) - A Waco father is recovering in a local hospital after being shot while taking out the garbage earlier this month.

“The gentleman next door walks up and starts mumbling some stuff to him and just puts the gun to his cheek and pulls the trigger,” Felicia Sanchez Anderson told KWTX.

Anderson says her husband, Steven Anderson, was taking out the trash with her before 6 a.m. on July 9 when he was shot in the face.

“I was maybe two seconds behind him,” she said. “I heard a pop, it didn’t even occur to me that it was a gunshot.”

Anderson says they don’t even know the shooter, calling it a random act of violence.

“We know that he is married to our next door neighbor’s daughter, we don’t know him, he doesn’t know us, my husband said nothing to him,” said Anderson “There is no excuse for this kind of violence.”

Their children and other family members were inside at the time including her stepfather who called 911.

“My husband looks at me and says ‘he shot me’, he’s holding his face and he’s like ‘he shot me,’ and he’s telling the gentleman ‘you shot me, why did you shoot me for? what are you doing?’ and at that point, the gentleman turns around and takes off in a U-Haul truck,” said Anderson.

Waco Police Department officials say they later found the suspect, Aaron Ruffin, at a separate address and arrested him.

Ruffin was booked into the McLennan County Jail on four charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawfully carrying a weapon.

He remained jailed Monday in lieu of bonds totaling $225,000, according to jail records.

Anderson says she’s living in fear and confusion.

“I don’t think people understand how dangerous everything is becoming these days when you’re walking up to someone and potentially trying to murder them...it doesn’t make any sense,” said Anderson. ”I don’t know if he’s coming back for us or not, I just hope that the Waco PD does their job and we don’t have to worry about our safety when we go home.”

Anderson has been living at the hospital with her husband since the shooting while family members take care of their children.

Her husband has had two surgeries and is undergoing a third one Tuesday.

While he can’t eat or talk because his mouth is wired shut, he’s expected to survive, Anderson says.

”He is a very strong person, but his spirits are down,” said Anderson.

Meanwhile, their medical bills are piling up.

More information on how to help the family can be found here.

Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.

Shame we have to consider carrying a weapon while doing simple chores at our homes.
Seems to me an attempted murder charge is warranted. Agrivated assault…..horse ****
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 09:07 PM   #136
stevieray54
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever

Maybe you should stop the dad and speak to him regarding the situation, I would recommend stopping by and discussing things with the police, they need to know about this nut. That’s how thing happens no one does anything until it’s to late. How old is this guy.
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 10:36 PM   #137
tonyguitarguy
Four Point

The guy across the street ended up pointing his camera to another neighbors of mine 2 houses down. My neighbor 2 houses down came out at 730am and confronted him about it as well. The guy across the street did the same thing, same threats, brought the gun out. This time, someone called the cops. He was yelling and shouting that early, ****** some people off I guess.

Either way, 3 sheriffs pulled up. 1 came to talk to me, basically told me they cant do anything unless he breaks the law somewhere. He is allowed to bring out a gun, as long as its remains in his yard and does shoot at/hit someone. He is allowed to have a camera and do what he wants with it in his possession. Threats could not be proven, as the sheriff says. I guess the only good thing is now its documented. Sheriff did say he was making some outrageous claims so they figured he mental.

He has turned his camera to another house since and been very quiet. Lights are all still blacked out. I have my guard up all the time outside, sadly. The only way he'll leave is f he breaks the law or if his dad were to pass away and can no longer pay for house utilities, since this dude across the street doesn't work or drive.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:33 PM   #138
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Hunter View Post
I will never miss living in a neighborhood. Too many people living Too close together equals Too many problems.
Exactly why we just moved
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #139
Burnadell
Pope & Young

That dude is not playing with a full deck!
Old 07-22-2021, 01:39 AM   #140
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
The guy across the street ended up pointing his camera to another neighbors of mine 2 houses down. My neighbor 2 houses down came out at 730am and confronted him about it as well. The guy across the street did the same thing, same threats, brought the gun out. This time, someone called the cops. He was yelling and shouting that early, ****** some people off I guess.

Either way, 3 sheriffs pulled up. 1 came to talk to me, basically told me they cant do anything unless he breaks the law somewhere. He is allowed to bring out a gun, as long as its remains in his yard and does shoot at/hit someone. He is allowed to have a camera and do what he wants with it in his possession. Threats could not be proven, as the sheriff says. I guess the only good thing is now its documented. Sheriff did say he was making some outrageous claims so they figured he mental.

He has turned his camera to another house since and been very quiet. Lights are all still blacked out. I have my guard up all the time outside, sadly. The only way he'll leave is f he breaks the law or if his dad were to pass away and can no longer pay for house utilities, since this dude across the street doesn't work or drive.
Why not just leave him alone?
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 04:42 AM   #141
Texas452
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burleson Coleman Leon counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post
Nothing you can do about it. I can walk down the street and stop and take photo's of everyones home and nothing can be done as long as I don't enter the property.
That’s right.
The government did it!
You can pull up pictures of streets in every town.
Something/someone had to take those pictures.
Texas452 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #142
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:

wouldn't count on his moving out for a long time anyway, this day and time.
hpdrifter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #143
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

I'd put a camera on his house. Then I'd get out an mow my yard wearing nothing but a leopard print thong.
SabreKiller is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 10:31 AM   #144
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home and wherever i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
I'd put a camera on his house. Then I'd get out an mow my yard wearing nothing but a leopard print thong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MUZZYSLINGR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 10:39 AM   #145
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Hunter View Post
The 'Burbs
Awesome movie.
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #146
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas452 View Post
That’s right.
The government did it!
You can pull up pictures of streets in every town.
Something/someone had to take those pictures.

Ever heard of google maps street view?