Grim Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reaper

Man, I am not sure what Grim Reaper did, but I am done with them. I used to absolutely love their 2" whitetail special. Dang thing would open a stupid big hole and turn a marginal shot into a money shot.

They fixed them I guess. They fixed them so they no longer open. Good work Grim Reaper. Now the dang things turn a money shot into a marginal shot.

What the hell were you thinking?

If you've got older ones, hold onto them. The new ones suck.

Those the pro series?

Comment

Yes, the Pro Series.
      Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
      Those the pro series?
      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't shoot them anymore, but I think the new ones are designed to be harder to open in order to stop them from opening prior to contact. However, I can see where this may cause issues opening at all. I like my 1.5" Ramcats now!

Comment

Crap I just bought some new razor tip 1 3/8”reapers today, I’ll compare them to an older one and see if there’s any difference.

Comment

Care to elaborate

Comment

If you take the new Pro Series Grim Reapers out of the package and sit in front of the TV one evening and open and close each blade 25 or so times each, they open just like they should. I did this with my CarniFours, and I put them back in my quiver. I just hate it when a company fixes it so it's broke. No way anyone should have to do that with a new pack of broadheads.

Comment

I bought some fatal steel 1 1/4” & found them hard to open also. But I seen they had 2 wire washer type dodads under the spring. Took one of wire washers out & opens a lot smoother & easier.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  I don't shoot them anymore, but I think the new ones are designed to be harder to open in order to stop them from opening prior to contact. However, I can see where this may cause issues opening at all. I like my 1.5" Ramcats now!
                  The RAMCAT Savage works like a champ!

Comment

stick to a fixed blade why chance it!

Comment

I’ve lost to many animals due to mechanical broadheads failing to open, slick tricks and was exodus’s have always performed flawlessly for me

Comment

I'll stick to the slick trick

Comment

I have never had a mechanical not open. Might want to change brands.

Comment

I shoot the grim reapers 2" white tail special so does my son and they have been spot on for us on several deer this year.

Comment

grim reaper sells a version made for high KE bows that are harder to open. Are you sure you didn't get those by accident?

Otherwise, have you confirmed they actually didnt open by inspecting the would or just the arrow after the shot?

Comment

Working...
                              X