South Padre Snook Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Padre Snook Trip

I’m loaded up and headed South for a snook trip with Eric Glass. I’ve heard lots of great things about fishing with him and he says the snook are rocking and rolling down there. I’m pretty pumped about getting my new Scott Meridian on some action. I’ll post up and keep it semi live as time and service allows. The morning is supposed to be chilly but flat. Warming up as the day wears on. I’ve fished the coast a lot but never targeted snook, im pretty excited to start picking Eric’s brain about poking skiffs as it might be time to pull the trigger on one.

Good luck in your snook quest. I have caught hundreds of them in FL and they are my favorite inshore fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
      Good luck in your snook quest. I have caught hundreds of them in FL and they are my favorite inshore fish.

Would you mind explaining to me why they are your favorite? Fishing the flats to me and sight casting at redfish is about as much fun to me as you can have with your clothes on. I just don’t know what I’m in for I guess having never targeted them.

Comment

Good luck! I have fished with Eric for years and consider him a friend. His new skiff is awesome. I have caught a bit of everything with him. Tarpon, snook, redfish, trout, flounder, drum, lasyfish, etc. Great guy and maybe the best that has ever poled a boat with me on the deck.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          Good luck! I have fished with Eric for years and consider him a friend. His new skiff is awesome. I have caught a bit of everything with him. Tarpon, snook, redfish, trout, flounder, drum, lasyfish, etc. Great guy and maybe the best that has ever poled a boat with me on the deck.

Part of the reason I booked with him is because i had seen a few of your reports. I’ve never heard a bad word about him though and that’s pretty rare to be able to say that about a guide. I’ve heard that his new Chittum is the cats meow and I’m as excited about that as I am the fishing. I’ve fished Baffin my whole life and the last 5 or 6 years on the fly. There’s something about being in that shallow water and seeing a fish turn on your fly that is just different. I’m not planning on being strictly a fly guy, but on the days that are conducive to fly fishing that’s how I want to be fishing.

Comment

Love fishing out of a poling skiff! Not much on fly fishing but something about being on the bow of a good skiff just does it for me.

Good luck and love me some Texas snook fishing!

Comment

Fished Eric for over 20 years. My favorite fishing guide. Enjoy it!

Comment

sweet, looking forward to the report and pics

Comment

Out-pull a red, and out-jump a bass. Watch out for the gill plates!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Nice. Good luck! SPI is my favorite place to fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

On the road headed to South Padre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Good luck. Sounds like it should a fun trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment