No announcement yet.

Please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most, if not all, public hunting for deer and hogs prohibits baiting.
    If you hunt a National Forest you don't need the $50 permit mentioned above; just a regular Texas Hunting License. If you hunt STATE LAND then you WILL need the $50 public hunting permit. (Probably safer to just get it; PLUS they'll send you a book with all of the public hunting lands, all of the rules for each piece of property, etc...)

Your best bet for hunting Texas public land is to FIRST understand the STATE hunting rules and regulations. Once you've got those down, then you pick you a public hunting spot and look up SPECIFIC rules and regulations for that area.

THEN!! Start walking, find you an area with good pig sign, and WAIT!

Comment

LBJ, i grew up hunting it and over the years have taken alot of hogs deer and turkey, i stayed off the beaten path and hunted some of the smaller units most people over look. nothing to stress over 99% of the fun of hunting is learning. There will be a learning curve hunting public land. i however am addicted to it. i hiked 15 miles through Davy crockett this morning and 11 yesterday. if you take any game animal off of public land it is a trophy. Good luck and enjoy

Comment

There out at ray roberts just have to put your nose to the ground

Comment

Haven't tried it, but got some buddies who say good things about corps of engineers land up on Texoma

Comment

Working...
          X