Primitive Campsite found on LBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primitive Campsite found on LBJ

Hey guys just a heads up. My family and I were hiking out on LBJ this past weekend and we came across a primitive campsite. It was used fairly recently, several trees had been cut down to make a site block so you couldn't see it. Whomever did this was wanting to not be seen. But it looked like they had left very sudden. They had left behind a very nice tent collapsed and knives and saws behind. So, there might be some people up to no good in them thar parts.
    Just an fyi, all four of us where standing in the middle of this campsite when a father and his son walking down the trial past us about 50 yards. They had no clue we were standing there. So, peeps please keeps your eyes open.

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
    Hey guys just a heads up. My family and I were hiking out on LBJ this past weekend and we came across a primitive campsite. It was used fairly recently, several trees had been cut down to make a site block so you couldn't see it. Whomever did this was wanting to not be seen. But it looked like they had left very sudden. They had left behind a very nice tent collapsed and knives and saws behind. So, there might be some people up to no good in them thar parts.
    Just an fyi, all four of us where standing in the middle of this campsite when a father and his son walking down the trial past us about 50 yards. They had no clue we were standing there. So, peeps please keeps your eyes open.

Did you report this to the forest rangers or LBJ a office? It is a major violation to cut down the trees! Please report the location to the office, so the Rangers can either tear it down, or investigate who did it, and deal with them accordingly.

Comment

Meth heads maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Meth heads maybe?
        this

Comment

I went by a LBJ tract about two weeks ago and DPS had a guy by the roadside talking to him. The guy was on foot.

Comment

Definately need to report that. Sketchy as heck there

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
              Definately need to report that. Sketchy as heck there
              It was just North and west of the restrooms at Black Creek lake. We cut up the tent and hid the knives we found. I've marked it on the map, there is a little rise in the woods. From their point of view we could watch anyone walking the trail to the north by the fence.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 10.42.56 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24457514

Comment

And my wife wonders why I carry in what seems like completely harmless situations.

Report them, likely method heads or some sort up to no good. Imo- the averagend harmless bum just looking to get a place for to stay wouldn't be in such an area with a strategic view.

Comment

Working...
                X