Trinity River NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity River NWR

They're one of the few that are still doing the mail-in applications and send the permits/notification by mail as well (supposedly changing next year to online). I'm impatient and called yesterday to see if I drew anything. I got selected for the Boar's Den unit for both upland game (squirrel/rabbit) and big game season II. Has anyone ever hunted this unit before or are familiar with it? Anyone else going to be there this year?

Anyone?

Comment

I applied for the first time this year, still waiting on the notification. I guess I could call and see if I was selected

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
        I applied for the first time this year, still waiting on the notification. I guess I could call and see if I was selected

I still haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet if that makes you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I reread their website yesterday and it said within 10 business days of the draw, which was on the 10th, so I guess they still have about a week and a half

Comment

Called today, I was selected for the Brierwood unit for the archery hunt

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
              Called today, I was selected for the Brierwood unit for the archery hunt

Congratulations! Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                Congratulations! Good luck to you.

Thanks, good luck to you too. This will definitely be a learning year to see what all they have to offer

Comment

I also drew Boar’s Den big game season 2. Have not hunted this refuge at all, so it will be all new to me. Excited to get down there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogz217 View Post
                    I also drew Boar’s Den big game season 2. Have not hunted this refuge at all, so it will be all new to me. Excited to get down there!

Hope to see you there! I won’t be able to make it every day because of my work schedule, but I’m gonna try to make it most days at least.

Comment

Following

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If all goes well I’ll be there Sunday and Wednesday to get some tree rats and wabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                          Hope to see you there! I won’t be able to make it every day because of my work schedule, but I’m gonna try to make it most days at least.

Yeah I’ll see ya down there! Trying to get the week of Thanksgiving off work so I don’t have to go back up mid hunt. Would like to get down there at least Friday before to get a day of scouting in too.

Comment

Working...
                          X