Question for Auto Sales guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Auto Sales guys.

How are y’all making money now? Situation: my wife is in the market for a certain vehicle, there is a 7 month waiting list just to place the order for the vehicle, then a 6-8 month build time before arriving at the dealer. Apparently you don’t actually pay for the vehicle until it arrives at the dealership (12-14 months from ordering) so are y’all having to wait that long before getting comp’d? Her sales guy says that every vehicle that comes in on the truck is already sold, occasionally there’s a finance fall through on an ordered vehicle and the sales folks jump all over it to be the first to sell it. Just don’t get how y’all are making money on ordering vehicles that take a year to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They barely make anything on a sale. Just ask them.

Comment

Don’t know what you are looking for, but the lots in Houston are starting to fill up, minus Toyota.

Even rumblings of not being able to move units.

Comment

Ford, Ram, and Chevy lots are full here on Houston area for the most part. Toyota is still low. Nissan has filled up too. But to answer your question, they have a back log of vehicles coming in weekly that are already sold. All they have to do is call the customer and tell them to come pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          Don’t know what you are looking for, but the lots in Houston are starting to fill up, minus Toyota.

Range Rover. Every dealer we call pretty much laughs and says get in line and we’ll let you order in about 6 months. They say the chip shortage has them jammed up, but other manufacturers are able to find chips? It is what it is, I’m just curious how the sales guys are able to make money when inventory is so low.

Comment

Wife just bought a Defender at Land Rover Clear Lake and they had 5 on the lot the one in Katy had 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jmay View Post
              Wife just bought a Defender at Land Rover Clear Lake and they had 5 on the lot the one in Katy had 2

Appreciate the info. I showed her the Defender and she didn’t like it. Said she’s willing to wait. [emoji2375]

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

And Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  Range Rover. Every dealer we call pretty much laughs and says get in line and we’ll let you order in about 6 months. They say the chip shortage has them jammed up, but other manufacturers are able to find chips? It is what it is, I’m just curious how the sales guys are able to make money when inventory is so low.

So all the ones at the dealer in Katy are sold already? Seemed they had several on the storage lot next door to the dealership a few days ago. Didn’t look to see what was on the lot.

Comment

Everything they sell is for full commission now days. Takes fewer to sell when it is that high.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      So all the ones at the dealer in Katy are sold already? Seemed they had several on the storage lot next door to the dealership a few days ago. Didn’t look to see what was on the lot.

Guess so. We were there on Friday and they told us every Range Rover on that lot was already spoken for. We are gonna try looking nationally and see if that shortens things up. They have a 2023 RR Sport with 1900 miles on it at another dealer here and they want $132k for it. LMBO [emoji1787]

Comment

Guess so. We were there on Friday and they told us every Range Rover on that lot was already spoken for. We are gonna try looking nationally and see if that shortens things up. They have a 2023 RR Sport with 1900 miles on it at another dealer here and they want $132k for it. LMBO [emoji1787]

132 for a Sport? Wow!!!! I laughed 2 years ago when they wanted 120 for a full size RR. I was glad when my wife decided she wanted the Grand Wagoneer instead of another RR.

Comment

Tell her she's gonna have to settle for a cayenne.

Comment

One thing to consider, every manufacturer that I have heard of that can’t keep up with demand also has a major problem getting parts for those vehicles. So hopefully it is the most reliable vehicle ever, and hope you never get into a wreck!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              One thing to consider, every manufacturer that I have heard of that can’t keep up with demand also has a major problem getting parts for those vehicles. So hopefully it is the most reliable vehicle ever, and hope you never get into a wreck!!
                              Crazy times!! How about all the people waiting on chips for features on their car to work?

Ive been hearing they still dont have them, they use them to produce more vehicles instead of getting them into the vehicles already purchased and are waiting for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X