Gravel flower bed on TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravel flower bed on TBH

A while back I remember seeing a flower bed on here from a member that either redid his flower bed or it was new construction. I thought it was gravel with cactus in it. I thought it had a big love oak in the middle.

So i am either looking for the picture I remember or pictures of similar gravel flower beds. We are thinking about redoing ours.

Gravel flower bed on TBH

Pm me your cell phone number.
    I will text you some in the morning. Are you trying to work around/under a live oak?
    I have installed 100s of beds with stone ground cover
    Here is one of my favorites, that’s salt and pepper Colorado mixed with Mexican beach pebble 2:1

Cactus are
    Prickly Pear
    Brakelight Yucca
    Ocotillo
    Agave I believe whales tongue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparkles; 03-27-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

We had one similar to that in Lubbock. It was between the sidewalk and the street. Wife designed it like a riverbed with plant and whatever with an Oak tree right in the middle.

Comment

This one was posted not long ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          That’s the one that came to mind when I saw the OP’s inquiry. AC’s better half did a phenomenal job on that

Comment

AC’s wife did a fantastic job on that bed with using stuff readily available.
            We have a few of the River rock related beds and are leaning towards more. Reason being we moved in our house build in January of 2017 and this will be the third time replacing shrubs. The abnormal freezes we have had have been brutal. Given this I think we have a better handle on the types of plants that will survive where we live. The cactus type plants haven’t been phased at all and there will be more of those in the future.

Comment

My parents put one in Bulverde many years ago. They used crushed red/ pink granite and had an oak tree in the middle. Mom also added some large flower pots with cactus and some themed decorative concrete statuary. I do not have pictures readily available, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                AC’s wife did a fantastic job on that bed with using stuff readily available.
                We have a few of the River rock related beds and are leaning towards more. Reason being we moved in our house build in January of 2017 and this will be the third time replacing shrubs. The abnormal freezes we have had have been brutal. Given this I think we have a better handle on the types of plants that will survive where we live. The cactus type plants haven’t been phased at all and there will be more of those in the future.

Don’t use agaves we are treating those as more of a tropical after the freezes we have had over the last few years
                Yuccas of all types have been freeze hardy in our zones

Comment

Our beds around the house are crushed granite.

We have a mixture of Texas Sage, Mexican Salvia, Hot Lips, Golden Lantana, feather grass, pink muhly, red yucca, and some succulents like agave.

None of the agave have survived the last 2 winters. Everything else seems to be flourishing. We cut most of them back to almost nothing at the end of winter and they come back bigger than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sparkles knows his stuff. If y’all want it done right listen to his advice.

Comment

That wasn't the one I was thinking about.

No i don't have alive oak. That was one I remember seeing that I liked.

Comment

How do you keep the weeds out longterm? We're is ETX and have lots of leaves which is an ongoing maintenance issue. Landscape fabric worked for about two year and now needs to be replaced do to the organic material that trickles though.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                          How do you keep the weeds out longterm? We're is ETX and have lots of leaves which is an ongoing maintenance issue. Landscape fabric worked for about two year and now needs to be replaced do to the organic material that trickles though.

Good weed barrier and chemical treatments

Comment

Working...
                          X