Chasing #28!!!!! Polar Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing #28!!!!! Polar Bear

Well, you can't get to 29 without getting 28 first! It's almost time for another Docmay hunt. I leave Tuesday for a trip that could be the biggest adventure so far. I start the journey to Grise Fiord in a couple days. It will be 3 days of travel and then 10 days to kill the great white bear.

I never thought I would do this one but with only a couple animals left for the super slam I figured it was time. Everyone I have talked to has said this is truly one of the last great adventures on this earth. It's going to be cold and I can't even fathom what travel will be like. I have been working a bunch and practicing every day. I'll try to keep it live but likely will be a recap when I start the journey home.

IT'S TIME!!!

I already have the girl but hoping to add the critter to the house in the next couple weeks. Kanati seems to be the best in the business at doing a replica.

Been practicing everyday. Taking my PSE Mach 34 and my Hoyt RX-7 ultra. The pse will be primary. Total arrow weight is 600 grains. Victory RIP TKO with 100 grain inserts, 25 grain collars, 150 grain iron will broadhead and glory nocks at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question:

What happens to the hide and skull of the original bear?

Comment

Gettem Doc!

Comment

Following. Ain’t no hunt like a Doc hunt!

Comment

Heck yeah! Get ‘em!

Comment

Good luck, stay safe, stay warm!

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
              Question:

What happens to the hide and skull of the original bear?
              There are a few options. You can store it with a taxidermist in Canada and hope the rules change. You can mount it and put it in somebody's place that allows importation. Or, you can give it to the locals. My plan is to give it to my guides. I have zero faith that our government will ever allow polar bears to come in. And that is dumb and not based on science! At this point my hunting is more about the experience than anything else.

Comment

I'll be following this. Insane!

Comment

Going to be a bit of a mental and physical test!

Comment

That is so cool in for the hunt

Comment

Good luck doc!

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, what is the 29th animal to complete the slam? Do you have it scheduled?

Good luck Doc.
                        Last edited by USMC; 03-25-2023, 08:07 PM. Reason: .

Comment

My primary weapon.

Comment

Good luck Doc. In for the adventure

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                              Pardon my ignorance, what is the 29th animal to complete the slam? Do you have it scheduled?

Good luck Doc.

I have this polar bear hunt and then Alaskan barren ground caribou in August. That will be 29ish for me. I am counting wolf as one. I actually killed one with a bow in BC. I also plan on doing a caribou hunt in Greenland here in the next couple of years. I'm going to substitute that for a Quebec Labrador caribou since it is closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X