Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-17-2023, 02:39 PM   #101
Jamvo
Six Point

Keto. Less than 25 carbs a day and no sugar. I dropped 60#’s with it in 6 months. I eat some carbs now but not too many. It’s pretty easy once the lbs start to come off you’ll want to stick with it.

Dropped 2 blood pressure meds. Labs look awesome.
Jamvo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 02:41 PM   #102
Bish
Pope & Young

Man after reading all this I must be a fat slob!!!, 5'6 66 years old and 235, I would love to be 215

God Bless
Bish
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 03:33 PM   #103
PondPopper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DW5 View Post
I drink tons of water and don’t eat till dinner…. It’s easy and keeps me straight.
I think you just opened the vault and revealed the best kept secret..

When I was a teenager back in the 80's 99% of everyone I knew was thin and in good shape. We where ALL active.. A lot of us still talk about those days. None of us remember eating much if any and if we did it was once a day and very little.. There dang sure weren't fast food joints open allowing people to eat 24/7..
If you go to the beach today and see today's "beach bodies" that has completed flip flopped...
It has nothing to do with hormones and T therapy.. It all about what you eat and how you move..
Pharmaceuticals are not the answer. They never are.

Last edited by PondPopper; 03-17-2023 at 03:36 PM.
PondPopper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 04:19 PM   #104
Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
Man after reading all this I must be a fat slob!!!, 5'6 66 years old and 235, I would love to be 215

God Bless

Bish

Follow the “diet” I posted. Beer and bread were the hardest for me to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 04:29 PM   #105
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by PondPopper View Post
I think you just opened the vault and revealed the best kept secret..

When I was a teenager back in the 80's 99% of everyone I knew was thin and in good shape. We where ALL active.. A lot of us still talk about those days. None of us remember eating much if any and if we did it was once a day and very little.. There dang sure weren't fast food joints open allowing people to eat 24/7..
If you go to the beach today and see today's "beach bodies" that has completed flip flopped...
It has nothing to do with hormones and T therapy.. It all about what you eat and how you move..
Pharmaceuticals are not the answer. They never are.

When I was a teenager back in the 60's-70's it was the same way...
When we were in school, we could bring a note from our parents and beginning May1, we could go barefooted at school or wear shoes to school and take 'em off to play outside at recess... And the bike racks were full of bikes... none of them locked up either.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 05:37 PM   #106
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvo View Post
Keto. Less than 25 carbs a day and no sugar. I dropped 60#’s with it in 6 months. I eat some carbs now but not too many. It’s pretty easy once the lbs start to come off you’ll want to stick with it.

Dropped 2 blood pressure meds. Labs look awesome.

This here for me. I’ve dropped 30lbs since Jan. Cut out sugar and staying under 50 carbs and usually 25 most days. Keto flu was a real thing however. Bad 3 days but once over that, it’s been easy. Eat lunch and dinner between 12-6:30 and nothing else. Never feel hungry.

HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 08:40 PM   #107
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Well I blew my diet/new lifestyle tonight!! We went to the Ranch Hand Cafe'! I had fried green maters, fried pickles for appetizer and that big honkin' Ranch Hand Burger and sweet tater fries for my main course... just got home and I'm miserable!! Don't do like I do Josh... Do like I say!!

Then tomorrow is Bownanza... I know full well, I'll hurt myseff again tomorrow... gonna take me 2 weeks to overcome these past 2 days!!
Old 03-17-2023, 09:23 PM   #108
James
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Everywhere

Excuses are for people that don’t want it bad enough.
James is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 10:37 PM   #109
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

You'll never out work bad nutrition. Don't eat ANY sugar or processed foods. Eat natural whole foods that came straight from a farm. Don't eat fake foods that came from a factory in fancy packaging. Eat more natural animal fats, NOT processed seed oils. Olive oil and avocadoes and avocado oil are good too. Avoid carbs. Eat protein - meat, poultry, fish, eggs, etc.... You won't need to count calories or eat less. Just stop eating junk food.

DO exercise. Strength training and HIIT. Be active. Get outside in the sun as much as you can. Stand up and walk around during the day. Don't just sit all the time. Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 07:14 AM   #110
Leonhogboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell Co, Lee Co, Idaho, & Anywhere invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).
This is why there is an obesity epidemic in the USA.
Leonhogboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 09:24 AM   #111
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX & North TX

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I stayed consistently healthy and fit for years and years up until just a few years ago so I definitely understand the balance of diet and exercise. Applying that knowledge is a different thing as that's where I have fallen short. My duties as a business owner and Pastor have me in a chair behind a computer MUCH longer each day than I like, and a herniated disk and torn rotator cuff have kept me from working out like I did for years. I'm realizing I'm just going to have to adapt my workouts to what I can do. Yesterday I took my German Shepherd on fast paced hilly 1.5 mile walk.

The eating part is just self discipline as I know from past experience what works for me over the long term. It's just a matter of me being to the point of being tired enough to do something about it. Yesterday was day 1 and though I was starving before I went to bed, I cut my calorie intake in half. I was eating roughly 4-5000 calories per day easy and yesterday I improved that tremendously. I'm going to make a trip to the store to stock the house with some healthier options. I have a doctor appt in 2.5 weeks and I expect to be down 8 pounds by then. I look forward to feeling better.

I didnt hit my macros like I wanted yesterday. This will improve as I get back into the swing of things and get more healthy options around the house.

Name:  Screenshot_20230318_091735_MyFitnessPal.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  59.0 KB

Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-18-2023 at 09:31 AM.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 10:05 AM   #112
skeeter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties

i wish I weighed 215!

Im on the way. started at 262, on jan 31. Im down to 233 as of this morning. 205 is my goal.

I dont prescribe to any one "diet" I eat what I want, I just eat 1/2 as much. If I want a cheese burger, I get a kids burger. I do eat more green stuff, hardly anything fried. I try to walk alot more. Just trying to change my habits, have a routine.

Last edited by skeeter; 03-18-2023 at 10:10 AM.
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 10:14 AM   #113
BoscoPico
Spike

Hunt In: Louisiana

I was in the same boat, was up to 238. Cut out sugar and carbs, this helped me drop 20lbs in two months. Feel like a new person with a ton of new found energy. Sugar is horrible for your blood flow. Still need to drop another 20 or so but that will take some more exercise.
BoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 12:11 PM   #114
mdeaso
Four Point

It is nothing but a mathematical equation.
mdeaso is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 12:41 PM   #115
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKFVR View Post
Don't eat as much
100% guaranteed to work...... and walk the dog every evening even if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 02:24 PM   #116
postman
Ten Point

I'm 73 years old, have one artifical hip, left shoulder ate up with arthiritis can't raise my arm above my nose, diabetes, and had a stroke. Was up to 250 when they told me I had diabetes 15 months ago. Quit sugar, try and eat only when really hungry, not when it's time to eat. Down to 218 but it took 15 months.
Target is 205 Comes off way slower than it goes on. Decided to try and eliminate stuff that will kill me or make me a veggie. Good luck, you can do itl, just gonna take a while. Forgive my miss spelled words, I'm sure I have a few.
postman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 08:44 AM   #117
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Sending you a PM on some videos that show some shoulder rehabilitation exercises. I would highly recommend seeking out a good physical therapist in your area.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 08:56 AM   #118
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

OP, just saw your calorie tracker. That seems like a pretty good improvement. You know what works for you. Do those things, and avoid everything else. Always easier said than done.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 09:47 AM   #119
Leaverrite
Six Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

50% Compound lift in gym to build some muscle and 60% diet. Yes, that's 110%, got to commit to it. Diet options that work are keto style (no carbs or sugar, mostly healthy fats) or a macros style weightlifting/body recomp diet of high protein, low fat, moderate clean carbs. Drinking calories is main culprit, you can lose 10-15lbs just by not drinking. Once routine is set, stick to it. It gets easier. Good luck, calorie deficit is the goal, no matter what you eat. Without health you have nothing! keep up the good work

Last edited by Leaverrite; 03-22-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Leaverrite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 10:03 AM   #120
junior
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bell,Williamson,San Saba Counties
Default fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBRASS View Post
Agreed….

You’d have to have zero muscle to be fat at 5’11” and 215.

I'm 5'11" and 215(was 245), and I'm still fat. I want to get to at least 200 and see what I look like. I was 185 in high school
junior is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 10:29 AM   #121
SaintBlaise
Ten Point

Hunt In: Roosevelt, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods View Post
I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?
Jog a mile every other day, get it to 3 miles over two months. Do your normal workout in the gym, but use 3/4 the weight. Just increase the reps from 10 to 15.
SaintBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 11:51 AM   #122
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Sending you a PM on some videos that show some shoulder rehabilitation exercises. I would highly recommend seeking out a good physical therapist in your area.
Thanks. I did a search and found a few I tried yesterday. They didn't seem to aggravate it so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
OP, just saw your calorie tracker. That seems like a pretty good improvement. You know what works for you. Do those things, and avoid everything else. Always easier said than done.
It has already made a huge difference. I've already lost 7lbs since I started last Friday. Cutting my calorie intake from 4-5000 calories per day to 2000-2300 per day and eating better foods is already doing good things. I made a trip to the store to stock up on some healthier options. I'm not starving at all and actually have way more energy since I've cut out the processed crap.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:38 PM   #123
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

I blew my shoulder out few years ago from lifting heavy. Got surgery and it tore again about a year later. No plans to get it fixed again. I just shifted my focus to endurance. Biking, Running. My shoulder is good enough for pull ups and push ups. I focus on those those for upper body and the rest is my legs.
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 12:42 PM   #124
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Agreed, the ones I learned after surgery I used after it tore again to bring my strength up enough to do pull/push ups.

You can strengthen the little muscles around the joint and it does help a bunch!
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 12:47 PM   #125
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thanks. I did a search and found a few I tried yesterday. They didn't seem to aggravate it so that's good.

It has already made a huge difference. I've already lost 7lbs since I started last Friday. Cutting my calorie intake from 4-5000 calories per day to 2000-2300 per day and eating better foods is already doing good things. I made a trip to the store to stock up on some healthier options. I'm not starving at all and actually have way more energy since I've cut out the processed crap.
It's wild, isn't it? That afternoon haze goes away real fast when you cut out the processed food!
Old 03-22-2023, 12:53 PM   #126
JhuntsAlot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Houston County, Madison County, Kendall County, where friends are.

Oh man, I am in the exact same spot as stated in your first post.

I am 46 and at the heaviest in my life. 6'1" and 240 and was at my fittest only a few years ago. No energy, putting on weight a lot faster and trouble doing physical things that used to come easy.

Shoulders are good, but knees not so much. I got a cheap stationary bike a couple weeks ago and trying to get on it daily. Not always successful.

I know I need to lower the intake of things like beer and bread, but that is tough.

My wife started the Carnivore diet a few days ago and says she already lost 8 pounds. A buddy's wife lost over 50lbs since December on it.

Good luck on your efforts.

J
JhuntsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 12:56 PM   #127
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Good on you for accepting your situation. Seems like you are on a good start and lean on TBH and your family/friends to keep you accountable.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 02:53 PM   #128
W E H
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca County USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
I went from 6'2 286 to 201 in 4 months. Intermittent fasting with a window from 11am to 7pm. Cut my portions in half and dont snack. Watch sugar and drinking calories. I work out 4 to 5 days a week but Always have done that. I do metcon style workouts. Circuit training. I will say that your diet will determine results man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

impressive

in last 5 years, i've had two shoulder\bicep\tricep\rotator cuff rebuild and a complete hip replacement and a heat stroke. it took the fire right out of me as far as working out goes.

so you eat every day between 11-7? or only certain days?
W E H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2023, 03:24 PM   #129
eaglegolfj
Pope & Young

ppppsssshhhhhhh 215lbs at 5'11" you should look pretty dagum good. I am 5'11" and am pushing 245/250. I dont think i look that bad either but could stand to loose about 30/40 myself.
eaglegolfj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2023, 07:27 PM   #130
Bill
Pope & Young

Quit cold turkey- fast foods, sugar, carbohydrates and beer. Eat meat, eggs, cheese and vegetables. See how you do in a month.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:59 AM   #131
D12
Ten Point

Cut out dairy and see what happens. Amazing results!!
D12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2023, 11:42 AM   #132
Bill
Pope & Young

I tried that, it doesn’t work

Old 03-25-2023, 01:54 PM   #133
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post

God Bless
Bish

215 and 236 are smaller than I want to get. My final weight that I'm targeting is 250. My short term goal is 315 by May.

That said I've dropped almost 15 pounds in 2 weeks by eating fewer carbs, less fast foods, and by intermittent fasting. Try to fast in the morning. Extend your fast from the night before until noon. First week was hard to do that. Also trying to get my exercise in during the fast so I'm burning fat instead of food for energy.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2023, 03:12 PM   #134
joey1656
Ten Point

Hunt In: ingram, eden

I am 5'8" and was 233 back in october. I started taking Mounjaro and was able to get it for 3 months. I lost 25lbs. After that, my insurance cut me off because i was not type 2 diabetic.

I was able to get semaglutide and have been taking that. I am currently down to 192 and holding steady. I would like to lose another 12 or so lbs and get to 180.

My experience was the mounjaro was incredible! never hungry and easy to stay on diet plan. the semaglutide makes me nauseous, and sometimes very hungry after the nausea has passed. I wish I could get back on the mounjaro.
joey1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2023, 08:07 AM   #135
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Quit cold turkey- fast foods, sugar, carbohydrates and beer. Eat meat, eggs, cheese and vegetables. See how you do in a month.

If OP is working out I would certainly add fresh fruit and some healthy carbs for energy (oat meal and wild rice in moderation).
Old 03-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #136
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

UPDATE: I'm already down to 202 in a very short amount of time. The cravings for the junk are getting better. I definitely feel better already and have noticed inflammation in my joints has gotten much better. I'm eating between 1800-2200 clean calories per day. I've cut all processed foods. I'm not a beer or soda guy anyway so I'm still drinking water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea like I always do. Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal so I supplement with a protein shake per day to help. What I'm doing now is maintainable and will be successful if I just stay disciplined. The end goal is to get off of blood pressure meds, or at least greatly reduce them, and just feel better. I'm getting over covid now but plan on renewing my expired gym membership later this week.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:34 AM   #137
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Great report! Praise to our Lord for this. You just keep your eyes focused on Him and He will guide your path! Congratulations brother!
Old 03-27-2023, 10:56 AM   #138
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Great update! Those processed foods are what get ya! And the statement "Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal...", that is the truth. It's crazy how many less calories you take in without those processed foods.

Great report back, I hope to read a lot more like this.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:35 AM   #139
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

One foot in front of the other. Literally! keep it up.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:09 PM   #140
SJP51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bryan and San Augustine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastover53 View Post
Has your doctor checked your testosterone level? If it is low, that will definitely contribute to your lack of energy.
Low T is a contributor to weight gain, energy, etc. The therapy has it's own set of problems.
SJP51 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2023, 12:25 PM   #141
elgato
Ten Point

First, congratulations on awareness . Has to start there
Second, make it a lifestyle you love and can easily enjoy and keep
Third, I believe the 'why' is more important than the 'what'. Have a powerful compelling reason why you want to be healthy and that clears the focus on the " what to do" .

Lots of good tips in this thread.
elgato is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #142
Bill
Pope & Young

Default Tired of being fat!

If you need a reason ‘why’ read about pre-diabetes (type 2, adult onset), the percentage of people who don’t know they have it, and the contribution lifestyle and weight make.

Among U.S. adults ages 18 years or older, 96 million—more than 1 in 3—had prediabetes in 2019. A higher percentage of men (41%) than women (32%) had prediabetes in 2017–2020, when data were adjusted by age.

Of those with prediabetes, more than 80% don't know they have it.

A Hemoglobin A1C blood test added to your blood panels at an annual physical exam tell you the 3 month average of blood glucose.

Last edited by Bill; 03-28-2023 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:11 AM   #143
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1656 View Post
I am 5'8" and was 233 back in october. I started taking Mounjaro and was able to get it for 3 months. I lost 25lbs. After that, my insurance cut me off because i was not type 2 diabetic.

I was able to get semaglutide and have been taking that. I am currently down to 192 and holding steady. I would like to lose another 12 or so lbs and get to 180.

My experience was the mounjaro was incredible! never hungry and easy to stay on diet plan. the semaglutide makes me nauseous, and sometimes very hungry after the nausea has passed. I wish I could get back on the mounjaro.
not bustin balls but why not adjust your diet and add some exercise instead of leaning on medication, especially one that makes you sick?

the two posts above mine are spot on.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2023, 09:12 AM   #144
junior
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bell,Williamson,San Saba Counties

Good job, I stepped on the scale this morning. I'm 210, down 35lbs in 11 weeks.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2023, 09:26 AM   #145
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If you need a reason ‘why’ read about pre-diabetes (type 2, adult onset), the percentage of people who don’t know they have it, and the contribution lifestyle and weight make.

Among U.S. adults ages 18 years or older, 96 million—more than 1 in 3—had prediabetes in 2019. A higher percentage of men (41%) than women (32%) had prediabetes in 2017–2020, when data were adjusted by age.

Of those with prediabetes, more than 80% don't know they have it.

A Hemoglobin A1C blood test added to your blood panels at an annual physical exam tell you the 3 month average of blood glucose.

Ain't nobody got time for your facts and figures!

No joke, one time out west snowmobiling, we had a guy from Dallas meet us. He was bragging that the Dr said he needed to change his diet, or get on pills because he would have a heart attack. He said "I told that Dr, might as well put me on the pills because I ain't changing sh*t."

That is the mentality that leads to everything you said. Blows my mind.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:43 AM   #146
Barney1971
Four Point

Hunt In: maverick co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
You'll never out work bad nutrition. Don't eat ANY sugar or processed foods. Eat natural whole foods that came straight from a farm. Don't eat fake foods that came from a factory in fancy packaging. Eat more natural animal fats, NOT processed seed oils. Olive oil and avocadoes and avocado oil are good too. Avoid carbs. Eat protein - meat, poultry, fish, eggs, etc.... You won't need to count calories or eat less. Just stop eating junk food.

DO exercise. Strength training and HIIT. Be active. Get outside in the sun as much as you can. Stand up and walk around during the day. Don't just sit all the time. Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).
this is perfect description of what worked for me. i almost cut out all fried foods and rarely drink a coke, wife and i eat pretty much fish, chicken or venison every night with at least two veggie sides. i dropped 20 lbs and my blood press has gone from 140/90 to 119/60. My energy level is thru the roof.
just like one other post refered to... i look at old pics from 70's and 80's and you can easily see and remember that there were very few obese people. its mostly our diet now that does it.
Barney1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2023, 09:47 AM   #147
rconn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Falls county

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtkdplus View Post
Definitely change your diet. You can’t exercise a bad diet away. It’s mostly just self control. Educate yourself on caloric content of foods and you’ll be able to eat plenty. It won’t taste as good as what you’ve been eating but how it makes you feel is worth it. You can do it. Www.calorieking.com is a good resource for finding out calorie content.
This!!!! it's 90% diet. I have tried everything out there and it all comes back to eating better.
rconn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2023, 03:22 PM   #148
U.S.ArmyRetired
Ten Point

Hunt In: East TX-Harrison County

Some say you can lose weight and be more healthy just by cutting back on how much you eat. Cutting back is a problem. It's SO easy to eat 2 plates when the food is SO good.
U.S.ArmyRetired is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2023, 02:39 PM   #149
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Quote:
UPDATE: I'm already down to 202 in a very short amount of time. The cravings for the junk are getting better. I definitely feel better already and have noticed inflammation in my joints has gotten much better. I'm eating between 1800-2200 clean calories per day. I've cut all processed foods. I'm not a beer or soda guy anyway so I'm still drinking water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea like I always do. Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal so I supplement with a protein shake per day to help. What I'm doing now is maintainable and will be successful if I just stay disciplined. The end goal is to get off of blood pressure meds, or at least greatly reduce them, and just feel better. I'm getting over covid now but plan on renewing my expired gym membership later this week.
How we doing? Did you resist those Cadbury eggs over Easter?
Old 04-18-2023, 03:04 PM   #150
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
How we doing? Did you resist those Cadbury eggs over Easter?
Doing great. I'm down 13lbs total and still eating clean. I allow myself a "cheat" meal on the weekend but have been disciplined. So far it has been all diet but I hope to add exercise soon. The inflammation in my back and shoulder have gotten way better since I cut out all of the fast foods and other processed junk.