2022-2023 Blackland prairie-Navarro, Ellis, Freestone, Hill etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022-2023 Blackland prairie-Navarro, Ellis, Freestone, Hill etc

OK it’s been a long year I figured I’d go ahead and get it going. I think we all know what the countryside looks like with this long drought hopefully somebody still has something to show for this year. My food plot started off really good but like most all others burnt to a crisp now. I have deer pretty consistent on feed but as usual probably won’t see most of the bucks until September or October. As usual. If you’re in the area how things are looking and anything else to do with your ranch or lease.

I’m near Dawson and Navarro mills lake.

On a sidenote I did hear some bobwhite quail for the first time ever out there this week. I did not think there was any in the area but it’s pretty distinctive call and I’ve heard it a lot over my years in West Texas. I may have to get some bird feed going in one of the deer feeder‘s close to the house.

Your tank full? You should have gotten some pretty good shower a couple days ago.

Comment

I mowed my property in Navarro this week. We desperately need some rain. Otherwise looking good. Have a couple of does and new fawns showing up on camera. It’s always neat to watch them grow.
      My goal now is to thin some of these hogs out to give the deer a chance at the feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We haven’t had a real rain in couple months now. We stayed pretty wet most of the yr on south side of lake compared to the north side around frost but now it’s been a while and everything is burning up, grass, bush’s and trees are all dropping leaves. Guessing acorn crop will be slim tho.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
          I mowed my property in Navarro this week. We desperately need some rain. Otherwise looking good. Have a couple of does and new fawns showing up on camera. It’s always neat to watch them grow.
          My goal now is to thin some of these hogs out to give the deer a chance at the feeders.

I’ve got one group of pigs that’s pretty regular last couple months. I need to hit them but been tough to get out there to hunt with the heat.

Comment

I live a couple of miles south Wally world in Corsicana. I have seen 5 deer on my 5 acres this summer.. most I have ever seen. I have never hunted around here.. our lease is NW of Wichita Falls. Hope we get some rain soon. FYI, if ya get on the new loop around town don't speed and watch your exits getting off. It's set up way different than anything I have seen. Good luck to all this fall!

Comment

I have two feeders set up and have pigs hitting one of them but mostly deer at the other one. Have a groups of bucks that just started hitting this one feeder.

Comment

Crispy over here by RC whoch is 4 feet low. Haven't filled feeders yet! Have seen a few fawns by the house. Cows will probably run the big tank dry in the next month but two others still have some water. At least skeeters shouldn't be as bad right? It might be a fishing fall!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                  I have two feeders set up and have pigs hitting one of them but mostly deer at the other one. Have a groups of bucks that just started hitting this one feeder.

Nice deer!

Comment

I live on RC and have seen some bucks on my property last week. I hunt in freestone county near the old power plant but haven’t started feeding just yet. Cameras are showing occasional traffic near feeders. Everything is looking for food right now.

Comment

I haven't even heard a mosquito this year. Last year i was waking up in the middle of the night killing them on my bed.
                      Sunflowers grew good this year, but have all but fell over now. Going to shred them all down and get prepared for a fall plot.
                      It's a pond cleaning year if I've ever seen one. Too bad diesel is ridiculous and this heat is so hard on the machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                        I haven't even heard a mosquito this year. Last year i was waking up in the middle of the night killing them on my bed.
                        Sunflowers grew good this year, but have all but fell over now. Going to shred them all down and get prepared for a fall plot.
                        It's a pond cleaning year if I've ever seen one. Too bad diesel is ridiculous and this heat is so hard on the machines.
                        I’m trying to get one dug out but prices are crazy. Gonna dig two more next yr.
                        If anyone has any recommendations in the area let me know.

Comment

I have a place outside of Fairfield and have been able to see some whitetail about every weekend we've been out there this summer but no bucks yet. Luckily we have a couple neighbors with tanks that stay pretty full. But for the most part, everything on the property is bone dry

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            I’m trying to get one dug out but prices are crazy. Gonna dig two more next yr.

If anyone has any recommendations in the area let me know.
                            I know someone in the Palmer area but he's booked months out doing high dollar commercial work. Like many.
                            Another company in Ennis, honest people but it's all still high dollar.

I purchased a high hour good condition used machine. With the clean up and repaint I've done, I could likely sell for quite a bit more than I paid. It's an option, some risk but I've seen pretty terrible looking equipment selling for not much less.

I've been running it hard on weekend mornings in "cooler" weather and evenings into the night. Diesel prices just plain suck, especially at 50-100gal a weekend.

Comment

Man I’ve looked at several machines and strongly considered buying one. After getting updated prices I’m considering again.

Comment

Working...
                              X