Prayers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Good luck in your new direction. Being a mature adult, you will probably be more focused on studies than fast cars and faster women.
    This.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

You’ll do great.
        Prayers Sent

Comment

Hey you are brave enough to go back to school at this point. I would love to, but I am very sure, I could not pull it off. My wife did it, it was very hard, but she pulled it off and graduated pretty high in her class, at 46 years old. She and our daughter went to school at the same time, it seemed to help both of them. They shared info, throughout their time in school. They did not have the same major, but they shared info on how various things worked, and best ways to get assignments completed. That sharing info helped both of them a lot. I saw what they went through, I am sure I don't have the ability to concentrate, stay focused long enough to complete a degree. My wife and I have discussed this lately, we bought know I could not do it. There were so many classes that are required to be taken that, I could not finish. Complete waste of time, extremely boring, but they are required. There were so many times, she had an assignment, that I just said hell no, I could never do that. Now the classes directly related to a degree I want, I could do, I would love to do.

If you can pull it off, you will have accomplished a very difficult feat. Good luck.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-22-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Prayers sent! I was a lifelong college student PM me a phone # if I can help you.

The best piece of advise I can give you (and that comes from a guy who partied his way out of Penn State in '75) and needed to work a few years, go to school nights and grow-up a bit before I finished 3 college degrees (I also met my wife) was what Cal Polytechnic told my daughter when she started.

You need to treat college as a job, and have a schedule of when you're in class, and when you will study. Cal Poly did a research project trying to find the best correlation of many factors to a student's grade point average. What they found was students who studied 2:1, 2 hours of study each week for each hour of class time had the best grades. They said to plan the time you go to class, study, work, and play- and gave them a weekly calander and they did an exercise in orientation to create their weekly plan.

Don't be afraid- git 'r done- never give up!

I wish I had known this simple equation

Comment

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. Today is my first day and I'm nervous as HELLLL we shall see how this goes. Already clocked in at 0830 and sitting in the virtual classroom waiting to start at 0900. 😤

Comment

How’d did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for you. Keep the Faith in the LORD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    How’d did it go?

It went.... Lol 2 days in and it is definitely rough learning a whole bunch of new stuff but I am praying it gets better.

Comment

Try flash cards. Get a package of index cards. As you go thru material write as a question on front ‘What is capital of Texas?” and “Austin” on the back. Flip thru them.

It’s like eating an elephant- one bite at a time.

Never give up.

Comment

Good luck Prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Try flash cards. Get a package of index cards. As you go thru material write as a question on front ‘What is capital of Texas?” and “Austin” on the back. Flip thru them.

It’s like eating an elephant- one bite at a time.

Never give up.

Yes sir I will give that a try

Comment

Have you started your schooling yet? If so, how is it going?

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Have you started your schooling yet? If so, how is it going?
                                It's going, the instructor I have right now is very monotone and I just get lost as soon as he starts speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X