Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    And last year in the World Series he was clutch, seems like they know something we don’t.
    This was my first thought too...

Comment

Great crowd tonight. Lots of kids which is always good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Final roster is set with a couple surprises
        Korey Lee sent to AAA so he can catch everyday. Diaz and Salazar both make the team as backup catchers. They can both also play left field and first base. Corey Julks makes team as reserve outfielder over Dirden. Seth Martinez and Ronel Blanco get the last two bullpen spots. A lot will change once Altuve and Brantley get back. Looks like Dubon and Hensley will hold down 2nd base for awhile. Feel sure the supposed better defender Dubon will start opening day with ground ball pitcher Valdez on the mound.
        LFG!!

Comment

Verlander placed on IL with a muscle strain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No McCormick in starting lineup. Alvarez in left, Meyers in center, and Diaz dh. Diaz does have 2 homers and 7 rbi in last two games

Comment

Hope I am wrong. But, I have a bad feeling about the Astros this season. For some reason I keep thinking the Blue Jays and the Mariners will have really good seasons. It really is a downer not seeing Yuli with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Hope I am wrong. But, I have a bad feeling about the Astros this season. For some reason I keep thinking the Blue Jays and the Mariners will have really good seasons. It really is a downer not seeing Yuli with the team.
                I think Houston has plenty to run off and hide with it this year. I agree though that we will miss yuli, especially his defense.

Comment

Yall realize we upgraded at first right?

Comment

Did you watch any of the spring games? We definitely downgraded at defense at first. Hopefully new Cuban’s offense makes it worth it, he’s no spring chicken himself though.

Comment

Play ball.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to get out of that one Hector!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          Yall realize we upgraded at first right?
                          I'll try and erase this from memory

And since rutro seems to be sleeping

LFG!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                            Did you watch any of the spring games? We definitely downgraded at defense at first. Hopefully new Cuban’s offense makes it worth it, he’s no spring chicken himself though.
                            I love Yuli. He was not good on offense or defense last year. Abreu was better on both. Abreu made an error tonight. No big deal. If you don’t believe me, look up the stats

Comment

I’m more worried about Pressley shaking his arm after every pitch. That never seems to turn out well. And how in the hell does Hensley not get into that game?

Comment

Almost forgot how much I hated the Neris/Montero combo…every single game

Comment

Working...
                                X