No announcement yet.

Drywall Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The process is messy. Don’t forget the angled knife for the corners. The fuzzy side of the tape goes into the mud. The adhesive tape with holes works fine too. Sand to smooth finish. I used a stomp with a thinned mud. After it dried I scraped (went over the dried texture) with the large knife to just knock it down some and that gave me the look I wanted.

Comment

Hire it done. The one thing I hated in my remodeling business was taping an bedding plus shooting texture on the walls. The ceilings were the worst!

Wife wanted to remodel and change the texture on the ceilings from popcorn ceilings in our entry, living room, kitchen, dining and hall to the master bedroom to something else. I did not want to scrape the popcorn off so I decide to do a Spanish drag on the ceilings in those areas. WRONG! 75 gallons of mud and too many ladder climbs and a bad back and shoulder it was done. NEVER AGAIN! It looked great when painted but I will not cave to that from the wife again period! HIRE IT DONE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR HOW BIG!

Comment

My SIL didn't like the popcorn either and scraped a bedroom and called me to come fix it. I showed him how to run a 10" knife over the popcorn carefully and end up with a orange peel texture. Turned out pretty dang good.

Comment

Well I got it hung and taped. See how it goes from here but it’s progress. Also it’s no fun and not my skill set so the arguments to pay someone to do it aren’t wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X