Side-by-side questions…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    I'd kick the tires on one of these if I was shopping.

They don't have to be pick-up truck huge to do some work.

Still expensive, true. But about half the $30k marker.

https://www.tejasmotorsports.com/inv...xas---18911241

Add a cab/AC and heat. It will almost double from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d pay $30k for that LONG before I would a UTV.

Comment

I love my little single seat 4WD Mule for 1 & 2 man jobs or headed to the blinds. Great turn radius. Fuel efficient. Quiet. EFI was highly recommended.
        Love my double seat bigger 2 WD Mule for just riding around with family or guests. Smoother ride
        Both Mules are lower end bought pre Covid and I can’t imagine spending big bucks for more speed or looks. Hill Country Kawasaki in Goldthwaite have been great.
        But really wish I had a good used 4WD Tacoma with heat and air, especially on those raw days out here in north central texas checking cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Add a cab/AC and heat. It will almost double from what I’ve seen.

Awe I see, I missed the cab & heat part.
          I could see where that would easily put the cost in the used street vehicle department.

This po-boy is riding in the elements.

If it's too bad I'll just sit it out in camp.

Comment

I’ve recently purchased as CF MOTO uforce 1000 and I’m really happy.

I added a jump seat to the bed for my kids. I have a truck at the lease so AC and heat wasn’t that big of a deal.

This unit was significantly cheaper then the Polaris or Can am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can am or mule fxt gets my vote. I would be hard pressed to buy one used unless it was one heck of a deal.

Love my sxs and will probably always have one that being said I'm looking for a Tacoma or something similar for the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Beware of used side by sides that are priced higher than they were sold new. It’s a thing now. Even here on tbh. Be patient and find a great deal. UTV lots are filling up quickly so don’t fall for the “supply and demand bull****!”
                This X 100.

Comment

My Kubota single seat 500 has been great for 7 years. Grandkids love it too!

Comment

Side-by-side questions…

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Love my Mule Pro-FXT, option for 2 rows of seats or 1 row with a larger bed without having the extra long wheelbase of a canam or polaris.

info that might help OP-

This post / thread got me to wondering as I was mounting my daily steed at work-

Do these highly popular Mule Pro-FXT's have a sharper turning radius than a typical crew?

I drive the crew above daily and its turning radius is not exactly a great fit for our plant- not sure how that translates to the woods.

My previous single seat sxs had the option of an open rear end- turf mode-and that sucker could easily turn a tight circle. My current does not, but it is not as large a radius as my work mobile.

So do the crew Mule Pro's cut the mustard in the middle between a single and crew sxs?
                    Last edited by DaveC; 03-30-2023, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      info that might help OP-

This post / thread got me to wondering as I was mounting my daily steed at work-

Do these highly popular Mule Pro-FXT's have a sharper turning radius than a typical crew?

I drive the crew above daily and its turning radius is not exactly a great fit for our plant- not sure how that translates to the woods.

My previous single seat sxs had the option of an open rear end- turf mode-and that sucker could easily turn a tight circle. My current does not, but it is not as large a radius as my work mobile.

So do the crew Mule Pro's cut the mustard in the middle between a single and crew sxs?
                      According to Kawasaki, the FX and FXT both have a 16' turning radius.

Not sure what the others have. Every time I type ranger in my phone it locks up and I have it to take it to the shop for a few months. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        According to Kawasaki, the FX and FXT both have a 16' turning radius.

Not sure what the others have. Every time I type ranger in my phone it locks up and I have it to take it to the shop for a few months. [emoji1]
                        Interesting, I just looked up my Viking & it's only 1.2' smaller (@14.8) than the Mule pro's.
                        A ranger crew shows to be 17'.

I wonder if they have a standard of measurement they (all brands) adhere to.

Are we talking cut a complete circle and measure the center, inside or outside track?
                        Oh well, I know I overthink things.
                        Back to work.

Comment

I’m in a similar situation as the OP. I have an 09 Ranger at my place in Oklahoma and an 06 here in TX, and after looking at prices, I’ve decided that I won’t be replacing mine with another SxS when these two crap out. I’ve already picked up a 2011 Chevy 1500 single cab short bed 4x4 that I’m using as a run around vehicle now, and it will be my street legal UTV when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                          X