My new toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy!

Picked this little beauty up this evening and hoping it works like I need it too. I researched a long time and read everything I could on Zero Turns vs Riding Mowers and came to the conclusion that this was what would suit us and work for us. My Husqvarna Zero turn just would not handle the slopes and hills I have on my front property, hoping this little mower will. Going to try it out tomorrow! Time will tell, but it dang sure looks good!

Husqvarna TS 354XD

Click image for larger version

Name:	51BSsFISPwL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	25309487

Congrats!

Comment

Very nice, hope it works out well for y’all!

Comment

I hope that it works for you. I would think that a wide stance with a low center of gravity would be better on slopes and hills, but there are methods to safely use a narrow wheelbase machine without tipping it over. I read a good article on tractorbynet or tractortalk that explains the center of gravity, tipping points, etc. of farm tractors. While the explanations are not directly applicable to garden type tractors, it is good knowledge to have when assessing a situation and making a plan of approach.

Comment

Just in time for spring.

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations on your find. Having the right tools/equipment to perform the work needed definitely makes things better.

Comment

Better luck to you than what I experienced. I had a husqvarna rider similar to yours that could not keep up with the 2 acres with slopes. I ended up trading in on zero turn Skag that I’ve had for several years now. The zero mover cuts must faster and handles the slopes with no issues.

Comment

Just mowed the west side of my front acreage and it took .6 of an hour, but mowed like a champ and handled the hills and slopes extremely well. It will haul butt for a riding tractor and also has a cruise control! It took longer trying to miss the Bluebonnets!

So far I like it!

The reason I bought this was the price difference between it and a Zero Turn that would handle the slopes and hills that I have. Every article, every dealer and people I talked to said to get a commercial Zero Turn. To high a price for me for a commercial Zero Turn.

Comment

I see as many or more riding mowers than zero turns here in Iowa. We have some steep slopes in this area. The riders seem to handle them with no problem.

I have a Hustler Raptor SD and I have some slopes that I have to be very careful on.

Most all the riders I see are John Deere. There is a John Deere dealer in almost every county around here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just finished 2.5 hours on my new toy. NO problems on the slopes and hills east side of my drive where the Zero Turn would literally stop going up a hill/slope and dive to the left if the slope was coming from my right to left. Very happy so far.

Comment

Be sure to teach you wife how to use it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        Be sure to teach you wife how to use it!!
                        That is one of the main reasons I bought what I did. Easy to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                          Better luck to you than what I experienced. I had a husqvarna rider similar to yours that could not keep up with the 2 acres with slopes. I ended up trading in on zero turn Skag that I’ve had for several years now. The zero mover cuts must faster and handles the slopes with no issues.

Same here....I'm not understanding how a ZT can't or doesn't handle the slopes like a rider? I had a 54" Husqvarna rider that wasn't near tough enough for my needs. It looked great and ran great and I loved the hydrostatic transmission.

That said, I only used it for 1 season, sold it and bought a Ariens ZT and haven't looked back.

Comment

I would invite everyone down to personally show you how mine DIED on hills or slopes AFTER basically replacing all the drive parts in the rear the first of this year, but I sold it.

I did my research, talked to dealers and ask questions and like I said above, the cost of a Zero Turn for my needs was more than I wanted to spend. This mower never sputtered on hills/slopes that stopped the Zero Turn.

Comment

Sorta like going back to a push mower

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X