X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just buy at Wal-Mart

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my G4 lithium battery. I can fish all day and still have 80% of a full charge and they are very light

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Just buy at Wal-Mart

Yup. Texas heat does a number on all batteries. It’s just for a trolling motor buy cheap and they last just as long. Don’t buy a $500 fancy light one

Comment

I would look at EPOCH lithium. It is mid priced for lithium- is Bluetooth so you will know your exact battery life while on the water- good for 3000 recharges. I run mine 2-3 days on a single charge often.

Comment

When the Optimas were made in the US, they were great. Had a US built one that lasted over 10 years until I overcharged it. When the manufacturing went to Mexico, the quality went down hill. Not worth what they cost now. Just another outsourcing failure.

Comment

Soooooo, it appears I am a dumb@$$. I didn’t know I was supposed to use the agm setting, on the battery charger, when charging an optima battery. I switched to agm setting and now, I’m at 13.9 volts. I just unplugged the charger. I’ll check the voltage on the battery b4 I go to bed. There’s nothing connected that would draw the battery down. Troll motor and depth finder are unplugged. That the only things connected to the battery. We’ll see how it does tomorrow.

Thanks for the input and guidance, y’all!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Soooooo, it appears I am a dumb@$$. I didn’t know I was supposed to use the agm setting, on the battery charger, when charging an optima battery. I switched to agm setting and now, I’m at 13.9 volts. I just unplugged the charger. I’ll check the voltage on the battery b4 I go to bed. There’s nothing connected that would draw the battery down. Troll motor and depth finder are unplugged. That the only things connected to the battery. We’ll see how it does tomorrow.

Thanks for the input and guidance, y’all!
                Good deal, I feel like this was my problem with the two I traded in for cores lol doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Just buy at Wal-Mart

I actually had a mechanic tell me that Wal mart batteries are as good or better than 95% out there.. I was a hard head and bought a high dollar high end NAPA battery and it was junk.. Lasted a tad under 3 years..

Its WalMart from here on out...

Two other mechanics I know swear MotorCraft are the best...$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    The optima that I sold when I worked for batteries plus in 2000 are not the same optima sold today.

20 years ago those batteries were virtually bullet proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%! Not just optima batteries but a lot of others were really good back then. I’ve got an old 50ah Hawker brand AGM battery with a date code of 2000 and it still holds a charge. It doesn’t have the same capacity it used to have, but it still works good for small solar projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X