No announcement yet.

Coyotes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes number 13 since February 23rd. Going to keep him trapping for a while. That's a lot of pups that will not be born this year.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RonRon View Post
      I once read that you could kill 75% of all of the coyotes on your place for 9 years straight.............and, if you didn't kill any that 10th year, your numbers would go back to where you were 10 years ago.......before you killed the first one.

That sounds like you read a study that was held around a campfire staring at the bottom of a whiskey glass ....

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Trapper got another one today. This is number 11 in just a month. I drove right beside him this morning and didn't see him. Trapper went by later and found him. The snare didn't kill him so he dug a hole to conceal his body. He's a private trapper so if anyone needs trapping done I have his contact info.
        I had one try to dig a hole but didn't make it with snare on......had another bust snare literally right in front of me as I was about to shoot, if around neck it kills them but this one was on body and believe it or not they will chew and chew on wire snare and evidently got it through enough to bust. I build my own and it's good new cable but they have an incredible will to live

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          I had one try to dig a hole but didn't make it with snare on......had another bust snare literally right in front of me as I was about to shoot, if around neck it kills them but this one was on body and believe it or not they will chew and chew on wire snare and evidently got it through enough to bust. I build my own and it's good new cable but they have an incredible will to live
          I had to shoot this one. He was hung by a front leg, and yes my trapper makes his own snares. The trouble with foot traps on my place is hogs trip them before a coyote finds them. His traps will hold a piglet but not a deer or grown hog. We've been lucky so far and have only snared one deer.

Comment

I had to shoot this one. He was hung by a front leg, and yes my trapper makes his own snares. The trouble with foot traps on my place is hogs trip them before a coyote finds them. His traps will hold a piglet but not a deer or grown hog. We've been lucky so far and have only snared one deer.
            I've snared by leg, neck and body. Use leg traps too but I hate catching skunks, hate skunks but hate dealing with them in leg traps, raccoons and possums love the same bait but not a problem to deal with......

Comment

Back in the late 70's I knew the government trapper in your part of the country. I can't remember his first name for sure but believe it was Dee Shipman. Day worked with his brother Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                Back in the late 70's I knew the government trapper in your part of the country. I can't remember his first name for sure but believe it was Dee Shipman. Day worked with his brother Stone.
                Stone was a friend and also all his family. I don't recall a Dee Shipman. They were a very good country family.

Comment

Number 14! Surely my trapper is putting a dent in them. Might raise a few fawns this year!
                  Attached Files

Comment

heck yea, that is awesome

Comment

Stone was a dear friend as is his family members that are left. Had a lot of good times with Stone and Vada. Knowing Stone you will appreciate this little ancedote about him. Vada was in the hospital for 4 or 5 days and when she came home she looked around the kitchen where we were sitting. She told Stone that she was sure proud of him for not having 5 days worth of dirty dishes setting around for her to wash. I was pretty impressed myself and then Vada opened up the door below the sink to throw some trash away. That was where 5 days of dirty dishes were all hid. Shipman sure was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        That sounds like you read a study that was held around a campfire staring at the bottom of a whiskey glass ....
                        Sounds like this guy is a retard.

Comment

Trapped number 15 last night. Getting expensive but I guess it's worth it for the fawn crop. Going to keep on keeping on as long as I can afford.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I read about a study done in an enclosed area where yotes could not get in or out. It determined that only the dominant pair are the ones to breed if left alone. If either of the dominant pair were killed or taken away it caused all the others to begin breeding and a population explosion until the dominance of the pack was once again established. This is true with wolves so why not Yotes?

Comment

Good deal Mark! it has to be helping.

Comment

I'll be darned!!! Got another one in a pic. The time and date are correct. Go get them trapper! LOL!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X