Quiet Tropics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Tropics

I have hesitated to post this, and do not want anyone on the coast to misconstrue, but the Atlantic basin sure has been quiet through August and nothing really projected to form in the next 7.

Didn’t they forecast an “above average” season?

Now you've done it. You just had to call it out didn't you?

You are correct, initial projections were "above average" activity; but that got changed just shortly before the official hurricane season started due to below normal Atlantic water temperature and high amount of Saharan dust wafting across the Atlantic all summer long.

Comment

I for one have enjoyed a quiet season to this point, as I am sure most everyone else is following last season. Main Development Region starting to wake up a bit though as we enter the Peak of the season and there are a couple of waves now that could eventually get things going, possibly as early as next week. Unfortunately, the Gulf is an untapped energy source at this point, and anything potentially spinning up in the Gulf will need to be watched. Nothing to fret about to much at this time however.. Good time to go over supplies one last time until we can get through September. Once we start getting some good pushes of cooler air, the door typically shuts for Texas.

Comment

Do you know Heywood Jashutup?

Comment

I hope it stays quiet.

Comment

the euro model is showing a storm into New Orleans sept 7 ,hope that's not going to happen

Comment

You had to say something didn't you

Comment

Right on target.

Comment

El Niño getting cranked up. Cooler waters in the Atlantic, warmer than average in the Pacific

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Do you know Heywood Jashutup?

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      You had to say something didn't you

https://abc13.com/weather/watching-t...-week/3548191/
                      Spoke it right into existence!

Comment

We need rain terribly bad...Tank may dry up. Bring on a disturbance

Comment

From wunderground

"The tropical Atlantic might begin to wake up in early September.
                          Multiple tropical waves are forecast to emerge off the coast of western Africa, some of which could develop into a tropical cyclone.
                          September is the peak month for Atlantic hurricanes, recording more hurricanes in that basin than any other month on record."

Comment

The state sure could use the rain. However, there are thousands of people still trying to recover from Harvey. I'd welcome a TD maybe coming ashore in deep south Texas and then turning north.

Comment

I sure hope it stays that way for a couple years, I’m not ready for another one for a long time. I just got moved back in, might just hold off on the furniture till October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X