No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the garage would be plenty of space. Not much different than the old Dearborn heaters. Backyard Life Gear has most any accessory you would need. The grease tray extension is a must. I haven't used a pan on the griddle but I bet it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
      How is fuel consumption?

Can you put a pan on it say for beans or gravy etc?

Obviously you use metal tools, so there is no risk of scratching it?

Would a single car garage with open back door and slightly open garage door be sufficient for cooking space?

The inside fridge might become the beer fridge if I get one of these!

Bed bath beyond has the 4 burner for 247. There was a popup about 20% off coupon online for new email subscriber. 2 burner is 155. And free shipping.
      You can put a pan on it

The metal spatula works great. Scratching it is not an issue.

It's safe for the garage with a door open.

Once you get one you will wish you had one sooner.

Comment

I wish it had a way to hang your tools from (similar to lots of gas grills). I don't like balancing my spatulas on the grease channel b/c they heat up and I'm afraid i'll accidentally knock them on the ground. Need ideas for a mod.

Comment

The top on the outdoor gourmet one folds over to each side. I put a piece of foil or wax paper down and put my stuff there

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
            I wish it had a way to hang your tools from (similar to lots of gas grills). I don't like balancing my spatulas on the grease channel b/c they heat up and I'm afraid i'll accidentally knock them on the ground. Need ideas for a mod.
            On mine I'm going to drill little holes in the lip of the shelves on the sides and put hooks in them, similar to curtain hooks. I seen a pic of this somewhere thats how I got the idea and now I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post

Your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post

Your welcome
                lol! The tactical griddler

Comment

Has anyone else had trouble getting the 28" Blackstone hot enough?

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
                    Has anyone else had trouble getting the 28" Blackstone hot enough?

I only have the 36", but I've been told you can replace the regulator and hose with a higher pressure one for about $20 and get a hotter fire under it.

Comment

Can't believe there aren't any new food pics since season has started.

Comment

Everybody is slumming cooking over a real fire at the lease[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Everybody is slumming cooking over a real fire at the lease[emoji13][emoji23]

Yep. No griddle, disc, grill, or anything else beats a real campfire to cook over IMO

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I only have the 36", but I've been told you can replace the regulator and hose with a higher pressure one for about $20 and get a hotter fire under it.
                            This made all the difference in the world, thanks.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

which regulator did you go with? I've only had issues on windy days, but have considered upgrading just in case I ever need 'more power'!!

Comment

Working...
                                X