• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
    Winchester ammo?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    My thoughts exactly. Not much luck with them recently. Will

Comment

Sorry this happened. Not much more to say that hasn't already been said.

Enjoy your days with her. My kiddo is in basketball and has practice every Saturday. Not sure when we will get another hunt together.

Comment

You're teaching your daughter a valuable lesson on how to deal with disappointment when things are completely out of your control. It will make her first deer that much more special when she gets it.

Good job Dad!

Comment

Man that’s a tough deal. But as others have said a life lesson she will remember for a long time to come. It’s not always about what you drag out but sometimes the lessons learned along the way.

I say this after missing the biggest buck I’ve ever had a real chance to shoot a few weeks ago. Part my fault part him ducking. I was sick for at least a week. I got back in the stand this past weekend and killed a nice buck that darn near would qualify for PandY. Still not as big as the one missed but a great first wall hanger after 25 years of hunting.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

She's gonna be a tough cookie in years to come, guarantee ya. Those hard lessons are the ones that stick, and make you better for longer.

Comment

Y'all hang in there! When it's meant to be it'll happen. Tough pill to swallow but it's gonna be a special day when it all comes together.

Comment

It's all part of the memories being created. Both of you will tell that story for years to come and after she has harvested several animals, the story will become funny.

Congrats on both of you for staying with it.

Comment

like you said, it happened for a reason. I think it'll be a bigger buck that she shoots!

Comment

Man what a heartbreak. Hopefully she is rewarded with an even better trophy...or perhaps the same deer. That would be a cool story. Good luck.

Comment

That's tough! I can still vividly remember the "huge" 10 that got by me before I could get the gun on him when hunting with my dad around that age. But it made it that much sweeter when I finally killed my first buck. Just an old crippled 3 point but to me he might as well have been a 170"!

Comment

Look at all the positives and help her focus on those.
                        1) Spending time with dad/daughter - Check
                        2) Enjoying life and God's creations - Check
                        3) Saw deer - Check
                        4) Saw a buck in rut - Check
                        5) Saw a buck wanting to fight - Check
                        6) Learned how to flip a bucks switch - Check
                        7) Realized that even the most perfect moments don't line up to what we expect

Most hunters never get these opportunities and most definitely not in the same sit.

Comment

I am making my son work up the ladder.

1st animal was a Squirrel
                          2nd was a Javelina
                          Next will be a doe
                          Then spike, and so on

I don't want him to shoot a monster initially and then nothing ever tops that.

Comment

He will be back. Go get him!

Comment

Been there, except my dad didn’t chamber a round when we got up in the stand bc the deer showed up 2 minutes after we sat down. There’ll be more and it’s probably a blessing as the weather (& acorn issue clearing up) will bring about bigger deer later in the year.

Comment

It sucks.......right now.
                                Shes 7.. and there will be many many more disappointments ahead...and they will all suck... at that time..
                                The upside is ..she 7.
                                She gets a head start on those disappointments... but also the fewer, but so satisfying successes.
                                And those successes will mean so much more with a pocket full of disappointments.

You're doing good Dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X