Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Nice. Where?

It's a new place called Eunice, a Cajun-Creole Brasserie style place. We just officially opened yesterday. 3737 Buffalo Speedway, I'll be working the bar several nights a week. Come by and have a drink sometime!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      I haven’t seen the cask strength less than $99

Yeah, I missed that on the bottle, i've seen if for 89, but it's not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
        It's a new place called Eunice, a Cajun-Creole Brasserie style place. We just officially opened yesterday. 3737 Buffalo Speedway, I'll be working the bar several nights a week. Come by and have a drink sometime!
        Sweet. I’ll holler when I do. Mean time, watcha got?

Comment

Well if you are going to be the TBH taster, you can’t be bragging about how much you like Wild Turkey American Honey.
          dang, now there's even bourbon shaming. lol!

I will shoot rage broadheads and feed double down if I need to make up for the American honey comment

j/k I cant afford DD

Comment

Here’s what I’ve been experiencing. I gotta hand it to y’all for enlightening me on whiskey 🥃.

I sipped a little Whiskey here and there. Ended up liking Crown Royal Reserve, and could tell the difference between regular crown and the reserve.

A chick I was dating, after assisting her car purchase, bought me a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked “Bourbon Whiskey”.

Drank it, liked it. My perspectives enlarged. So I bought a bottle of Mitchners small batch. Loved it. All the while I’m reading up what y’all are posting about other whiskeys, including getting whacked one nite @ dinner on Whistle Pig with another chick I was dating.

I began to dig more into the bourbon 🥃 realm and less of the Rye realm which I thought I liked.

So I’m a Whistle Pig fan now, don’t mess with Crown, and really have expanded my horizons to whiskeys thanks to y’alls suggestions on here. Makers, Bullit, and a few others.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the insight because I’ve been enjoying the fruits of yalls labors. This is a great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of good suggestions on this thread to get someone started.
              I wasn’t originally impressed with Basil Hayden, but revisited it this weekend and I like it. Good price point too.

Comment

Four roses single barrel A+
                I always try to find new ones when at the store.
                Drinking one called redemption that’s not bad at all....maybe I chose it because I’m hoping to get another chance at the big 10 we had from last year 😬

Comment

Set #2 complete
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ran across a couple EH Taylor single barrels and also a couple John J Bowman’s today. Didn’t grab any but at least have seen them out a couple other places

Comment

Hey guys. I tried a couple rums recently and one really stood out. El Dorado 12 yr. Buy some and drink it neat. I’m sipping it more than bourbon right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        Hey guys. I tried a couple rums recently and one really stood out. El Dorado 12 yr. Buy some and drink it neat. I’m sipping it more than bourbon right now.
                        Blasphemy. Perma band. I’m telling Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Set #2 complete
                          Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                            I started working at a new restaurant here in town with a solid whiskey selection, so I've got to drink some good stuff lately.

Really enjoying this dandy.
                            I've heard the new BMH is not very good. Wish the old stuff wasn't sold on the secondhand market for insane prices. It used to be an excellent bourbon for a decent price.

Comment

Blasphemy. Perma band. I’m telling Trump.
                              Lol

Comment

Sweet. I’ll holler when I do. Mean time, watcha got?
                                Awesome, looking forward to it!

I've actually been really enjoying the Balcones Baby Blue. Not a bad price point at around $40 and has a fun, smoky hint to it that is different than most Bourbons.
                                We've got close to 70 whiskeys (including our Scotch). As far as fun stuff we've got Yippee Ki Yay, Old Van Rip 10 & 12, Blantons, and a few other fun ones. It's been rough to get our hands on, but we will be getting a shipment of Pappy 20yr in next month.
                                We have 10yr Old Van for $25 and $32 on the 12yr, 2oz pours. Which, I feel is pretty reasonable given the current market.

Comment

Working...
                                X