Driving to Bangor Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving to Bangor Maine

My daughter accepted a nursing position at a hospital in Bangor and I’m going to driving up with her in a rental box truck and car dolly starting 9/15. Looks like it’s going to take at least three days (oh joy). Any suggested stops we should look for as we drive up? Restaurants, sights, etc...

She couldn't find a job in Newfoundland, or what?

Shoot a moose while you're there!

Comment

Go check out Stephen Kings house in Bangor, pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
        She couldn't find a job in Newfoundland, or what?

Shoot a moose while you're there!
        She had offers from Anchorage (my vote) as well. She really wanted to get to a cooler climate. Moose and bear are in the plans for future visits.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          She had offers from Anchorage (my vote) as well. She really wanted to get to a cooler climate.
          Not trying to be a SA but Anchorage is not cool enough?

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
            Not trying to be a SA but Anchorage is not cool enough?
            She felt the Bangor hospital was a better gig. She didn’t apply locally, she was serious about Maine, Alaska and Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Go check out Stephen Kings house in Bangor, pretty cool.
              X2

Comment

“Third boxcar midnight train,
                Destination Bangor Maine,
                I’m a, man of means by no means,
                King of the Road”

That’s all I got.

Comment

Great people up there, we always landed there coming back from iraq and it didnt matter what day or time they were there to greet us at the airport and it gets cold

Comment

A MUST!!! Wife and I will be there again, the week of the 11th of Sept. Then the HWY 1 lobster stops.
                    Red's Eats - Temp. CLOSED, 41 Water And Main St, Wiscasset, ME 04578, 1595 Photos, Mon - Closed, Tue - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wed - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Thu - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Fri - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Sat - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Sun - 11:30 am - 5:00 pm

Comment

we just got back from there - awesome drive and visit. On the coast and the food is great. If you are driving that far I suggest hitting Bar Harbor and Kennebunkport. Towns are lined up along that drive with some really nice places to see.

The original LE Bean store is right in that area - a great place to visit

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        “Third boxcar midnight train,
                        Destination Bangor Maine,
                        I’m a, man of means by no means,
                        King of the Road”

That’s all I got.
                        I totally forgot about Roger Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                          we just got back from there - awesome drive and visit. On the coast and the food is great. If you are driving that far I suggest hitting Bar Harbor and Kennebunkport. Towns are lined up along that drive with some really nice places to see.

The original LE Bean store is right in that area - a great place to visit
                          I second this, we drove from Boston all the way to Bar Harber. I ate lobster until it was coming out of my ears. I would do it again. We went about two weeks after 911, air fares were cheap and the fall foliage was awesome.

Comment

I had a boss that raved about the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery. I looked and it seems to be on the way up to Bangor. He was a really big duck hunter but claimed this store was the real deal, then again, that was in the late 90's.

I would hit the LL Bean too, just to see the place.

I fear a lot of those old neat places are probably very commercialized now but I would go anyway.

Comment

That’s a long haul, Deb and I drove all the way to Bar Harbor last year but had a month to do it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X