The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Ok guys, the details of the 2020 APR TBH deal have been worked out and we’re ready to roll!

What it is – This is a once a year deal we extend to our TBH family that offers a significant discount on a rifle platform that we design as a group, right here on the forum. It is our way of showing our thanks to the members of this forum for their support throughout the years. As such, it is only available to TBH members. We will have 2 options available for this year’s build as follows:

Option 1……..The lightweight vertical grip stock
    $2,799 TBH Special $3,499 Retail

Action: Defiance Tenacity (APR version with integral lug, hex shroud, deep flutes)
    Barrel: Proof Light Sendero on short actions/Proof Sendero on long actions. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector.
    Stock: McMillan Carbon Game Hunter(paint ready, no exposed carbon fiber, 3 sling studs, 2 flush cups)
    Trigger: Trigger Tech Primary
    Bottom Metal: APR BDL
    Finish: Cerakote action and Barrel ends in your color of choice. Standard Camo patterns, webbing or sponge camo on stock in your colors of choice
    Upgrade options:
    Trigger Tech Special +$40
    Molded in stock finish +$65
    Front Pic Rail +$45
    Custom Paint Scheme or Hydro-dip on stock +$250
    Barrel fluting +$75
    Muzzle brakes …..Blended Radial +$100
    Blended Gill Style +$135
    Area 419 Hellfire +$170
    Mullerworks APR contour Steel Barrel -$300

Option 2……..The lightweight traditional stock
    $2,749 in carbon $2,449 in steel

This one was a little tougher since it is essentially our Maverick package, which is already deeply discounted, with just the addition of a carbon fiber barrel. This stock geometry limits us to the Proof Sendero Light contour. Because of this, our preference is to not build the larger magnum rounds on this option given our experience with this contour and factory ammo performance in the magnums. That said, handloaders will not have the same limitations and we don’t want to exclude them. We will build it, but will not guarantee it’s level of performance with factory ammo.

Action: Defiance Tenacity (APR version with integral lug, hex shroud, deep flutes)
    Barrel: Proof Light Sendero. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector.
    Stock: AG Composites APR Hunter(exposed carbon fiber, 3 sling studs, 2 flush cups)
    Trigger: Trigger Tech Primary
    Bottom Metal: APR BDL
    Finish: Cerakote action and Barrel ends in your color of choice. Standard Camo patterns, webbing or sponge camo on stock in your colors of choice
    Upgrade options:
    Trigger Tech Special +$40
    Front Pic Rail +$45
    Custom Paint Scheme or Hydro-dip on stock+$250
    Barrel fluting _$75
    Muzzle brakes …..Blended Radial +$100
    Blended Gill Style +$135
    Area 419 Hellfire +$170

When it is - We will begin taking orders at 10:00 AM beginning Weds 1/8/2020, and will stop taking orders at 5:00 PM on Weds 1/22/2020. We have reserved production capacity for up to 100 units. If volume exceeds our allotted production capacity, we will close the books early. All component orders will be placed on 1/28/2020. We anticipate rifles will begin delivering in late March, and complete deliveries by late July.

Pricing/Deposits – A deposit of $2,000 will be required when order is placed. The remaining balance is due upon rifle’s completion. I realize this is different than previous year’s deposit policies, but there were quite a few who did not pay the remaining balances until months after completion last year. Sorry about the increase, but it keeps this thing doable on our end.

How to participate – Simply call the shop to place your order or ask questions during normal business hours. Our number is 817-284-0034. Garrett, Jason, John or myself will be happy to assist or consult with you on your build choices. There is an infinite number of camo choices or color schemes to choose from, far too many to post here. I’d urge you to visit our FB or IG page to look at examples to get an idea of what’s possible. Twist rates and barrel lengths will be limited to what’s available from proof. Pretty much anything you want will be available in steel. Left hand options WILL be available with no restrictions or limitations this year! And Caliber choices will be pretty much anything from .223 to 338 RUM. This should get us started. Please ask questions here, as many of us have been down this road before and can offer advice…..and it might just help someone else that has the same questions. I’m not going to answer any questions regarding this deal via PM, as I won’t have the opportunity to keep up with it very efficiently. Let the games begin!

And sincerely, THANK YOU FOLKS THAT MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.

Alamo Precision Rifles
    aprifles.com
    817-284-0034
    Last edited by Stick1; 01-07-2020, 06:22 PM.

First!

Now I’ll read the post

Comment

I’m in again! Will be calling tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alamo rocks! Just Picked up my first custom build from them yesterday...amazing!

Comment

Does the steel barrels come with choice of fluting?

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
            Does the steel barrels come with choice of fluting?
            We hadn't planned on it, but I just went back and added it for those who want it for less than 1/2 price.

Comment

Robert, which cartridges would you advise against with the Sendero Light? Any of the Noslers or 300s and larger? Or really anything with magnum in the name?

I’m hoping a 6.5 PRC would work in option 2! Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeflr View Post
                Robert, which cartridges would you advise against with the Sendero Light? Any of the Noslers or 300s and larger? Or really anything with magnum in the name?

I’m hoping a 6.5 PRC would work in option 2! Thanks for doing this.
                Any of the Noslers, Rums, STWs or win mags would be less than ideal. 6.5PRC and SAUMs would work fine. They'll all work, but the bigger ones are far more likely to need tuning and care that factory ammo can't provide. There are exceptions to every rule, though. Its really just a roll of the dice.

Comment

Tagged!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you sir, I along with the rest or the forum(I’m confident) really appreciate you being accessible on the board.

Comment

Thanks for details & pricing. I'm a bit torn between a couple caliber choices but will plan on calling tomorrow to get a deposit in.

Comment

Is a DBM an option on these?

Comment

Someone needs to buy the rifle I have listed in classifieds so I can get in on this.

APR Rocks!

So now for my question.....Robert have you experienced feeding issues with the 6.5 saum? I’m wanting a super flat shooting rifle for deer sized game and long range targets. Trying to decide between 6.5 saum with 140ish pills, 6.5 prc with 140ish pills, or 280ai with 160ish pills. And no longer than 24” barrel, maybe even 22” in the 6.5? What’s your thoughts?
                          Last edited by ColinR; 01-07-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Robert, is there an option for a wyatts mag, or is it included?

Comment

I’m in and planning to call

Comment

Working...
                              X