Patio Floor Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio Floor Coating

Our back patio is covered and currently just a concrete slab. It’s used frequently for entertaining, but I’m also out there a lot frying turkeys, boiling heads for euros and power washing on it, too.

I’m wanting something more aesthetically appealing (for wife)... must be heat resistant due to the burner use, chemical resistant due to the potential oil spills, and slip resistant (kiddos and wet surface). Is there something out there that meets all these requirements?

My initial thought was an epoxy coating like a garage would have, but not sure how abrasion or heat resistant that would be. I know you can add sand to the mixture for anti-slip properties.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comment

Honestly, you should find something your wife likes for the porch then either place a pallet or make a 4x4 slab for your purposes in the yard.

Comment

I agree with the 4x4 pad in the yard for frying and boiling.

I'm gonna build a small cook shack when I'm done with the new house. I'll use it for frying and smoking and such.

Comment

Get with Pernell or Snowflake killa, they both do that kind of work.

Comment

You should be aware that under certain weather conditions (warm humid air and cold concrete), water will condense on the surface of a sealed patio because it can no longer soak into the concrete. So you'll just wake up one morning and your entire patio will be covered in beaded up water. When that happens, it will be fairly slippery, even if it is a sanded "no-slip" finish.

Comment

I also have a concrete patio. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I am considering covering it with porcelain tile that is made for outdoor use. It is non-porous and durable but I am a bit concerned about how slippery it is when wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                You should be aware that under certain weather conditions (warm humid air and cold concrete), water will condense on the surface of a sealed patio because it can no longer soak into the concrete. So you'll just wake up one morning and your entire patio will be covered in beaded up water. When that happens, it will be fairly slippery, even if it is a sanded "no-slip" finish.
                This...

We had our patios covered with a high end version of the garage epoxy floor coating. We actually love it, but a few times out of the year it will get wet enough that it seems as though someone sprayed it with a water hose. It doesn't happen too often, but maybe 20-30 days out of the the year.

Comment

Working...
                X