350 Legend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350 Legend?

Anyone picked one up yet? Ran across some info about Winchester's new round, the 350 Legend. Seems like a pretty cool round. Supposed hits like a 30-30 but recoils less than a 243. Seen some kills out to 200 with it. I'm interested in looking into one for my kids

never ever heard of it..

think itll be able to compete with 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      never ever heard of it..

think itll be able to compete with 6.5 Grendel?
      In states that don’t allow bottle necked rounds for deer hunting like
      Indiana and Ohio it will outsell the Grendel and should be the best AR platform rifle for them up there

Comment

If I was going to build an AR-15 for hunting, that round would be on the short list. That said I have not scene one, but I like the looks of it

Comment

I read a little about it. It sounds like it is pretty much a 357mag on steroids. Im definitely interested in it.

Comment

Just got the American Rifleman in the mail today and it is featured on the cover. Havent read the article yet, but specs at 150 gr bullet @2318 fps and 1789 fpe.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              In states that don’t allow bottle necked rounds for deer hunting like

Indiana and Ohio it will outsell the Grendel and should be the best AR platform rifle for them up there
              Interesting. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

My son was involved in field testing on hogs and said it hit hard and was very effective.

Comment

Thought about it & went with the 450 Bushmaster. A little more oomph!

Comment

I have been doing quite a bit of research on it and I’m going to wait a year or so to see if they come out in a lever action before I get an AR in it. I will get one in the end I would just rather have one in lever action first

Comment

Funny how it is basically a 357 Maximum which is was one of the best silhouette rounds ever but us now obsolete. But put it in an AR and it is the best thing ever made.

Comment

Don't have any first hand experience...but it appears as if the Drury boys are using with success.

Comment

It was meant to put the Bushmaster out of business, and it might, the Bushmaster ammo being fairly expensive and not easy to find in lots of places. I won’t be replacing my .450 anytime soon though, hell, I hardly shoot it any more. The 6.8 fills my hog killing needs.

Comment

Will read the article tomorrow. A quick scan does not make me a fan. Will look harder tomorrow.

Huge 357 mag fan................

Comment

It’s being peddled by “industry big names” so it will prob be a fad round if there is an ammo manufacturer that will support it whole heartedly.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X