X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
    Probably should leave it open sights too huh? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They make ‘Em any other way? Them Mt Herman/Sherwood boys can get off 7 rounds out of a 30-30 faster than most can with an AR.

Comment

I have a 7-08 and 6.5 creed in 20". Love them both and can't say anything bad about either one. Probably will be doing a 308 soon too

Comment

Guys that have a can on their rifles. What way do you see it affecting velocities? I’ve never owned one so just curious. The reason I ask is I saw a post from Texas custom rifles where they built a 20” 6.5 PRC and were getting 2830 from factory 143s. They had a 5” can on it.

Comment

2830 from factory 143s.
          Those are 6.5 Creedmoor velocities. Seems like with the PRC you're just trying to squeeze a little more out of 6.5CM, so you might as well give it all the help you can with a long barrel.

Oh and to your question, suppressors are more or less velocity neutral

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
            Those are 6.5 Creedmoor velocities. Seems like with the PRC you're just trying to squeeze a little more out of 6.5CM, so you might as well give it all the help you can with a long barrel.

Oh and to your question, suppressors are more or less velocity neutral

Are those creedmoor velocities out of a 20 inch barrel? Because from what I’ve found a 20inch barrel drops it down around 2700?

Comment

A buddy built a 25” 6.5 PRC for himself as a mountain rifle. He was getting 2830 with factory 143 ELDXs.
              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-15-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

With 500 yards being your goal. Twist rate and bullet selection will affect you much more than barrel length.

Comment

Are those creedmoor velocities out of a 20 inch barrel? Because from what I’ve found a 20inch barrel drops it down around 2700?

If you’re getting anywhere near 2700 out of a 20” Creedmoor in the 140+ class projectiles then you’re running it HOT.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    If you’re getting anywhere near 2700 out of a 20” Creedmoor in the 140+ class projectiles then you’re running it HOT.

So what you are saying apples to apples, 20inch to 20inch I’m not gonna get the the same velocities between the creed and the PRC

Comment

So what you are saying apples to apples, 20inch to 20inch I’m not gonna get the the same velocities between the creed and the PRC

Pretty much. I’m getting 2660 out of factory Hornady 140s in a 24” Creedmoor. I’m getting 2950 out of an identical rifle in 6.5 PRC with a 143 and 24” tube. Out of a 23” tube in my 6.5 SAUM I was getting 3145 with a 140 HVLD.

Comment

And my point being people are telling me that if I’m gonna do a 20 inch PRC that I’m gonna see creedmoor velocities which is true but I would have to have a 24inch barreled creedmoor to get those velocities. And I’m wanting a 20inch gun not a 24.

Comment

And my point being people are telling me that if I’m gonna do a 20 inch PRC that I’m gonna see creedmoor velocities which is true but I would have to have a 24inch barreled creedmoor to get those velocities. And I’m wanting a 20inch gun not a 24.

I’m aware of that. That 20” PRC is going to handily outrun any 24” Creedmoor, or just about any barrel length Creedmoor with a 140+ projectile.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            I’m aware of that. That 20” PRC is going to handily outrun any 24” Creedmoor, or just about any barrel length Creedmoor with a 140+ projectile.

I wasn’t trying to be a smart arse. I was just making a point to whoever may read the thread.

Comment

A can will add pressure/velocity.

I'm not sure I agree that any 20" PRC will outrun any Creedmoor load/barrel combination, but I'll let y'all duke that out.

Comment

Guys that have a can on their rifles. What way do you see it affecting velocities? I’ve never owned one so just curious. The reason I ask is I saw a post from Texas custom rifles where they built a 20” 6.5 PRC and were getting 2830 from factory 143s. They had a 5” can on it.

He needs to calibrate his chrono because that ain't happening out of a 20" pipe..
                                Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X