Dog medical issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog medical issue?

Our three year old pit has just literally filled her bed up with whizz while she was laying in it. She walked by me with her head held down like she knew she had messed up. She was wagging her tail and it hit my leg and I felt the wetness.
    Has this happened to anyone else’s pet? Looks like a vet visit is in our near future.

Seizures

Comment

When our house trained dog started having accidents I took her to the Vet and it turned out to be diabetes. Good luck.

Comment

Is she spayed? Drinking more water than normal?
        Inconinence is a little more common in intact females. But it’s usually more like leakage, not emptying the entire bladder. One of mine recently started having a leaky bladder after a heat cycle.
        In a healthy young female, could be hormone related, Urinary tract infection, stones or some other disease that causes excessive thirst.

Comment

She has been drinking more water and she has been spayed. She is three years old and has never done this. Hope it’s uti.

Comment

We had this problem with our 5 yr old female Pit Bull. We took her to the vet and this is what he told us as one possible cause:

Urinary incontinence refers to unintentional leakage of urine by housetrained dogs. This is fairly common; it can affect up to 20% of spayed female dogs; especially as they get older. Sometimes urinary leaking involves just a few drops of fluid; at other times, it can involve unintentional urination of quite a lot of fluid. Urinary incontinence is not intentional and it isn't susceptible to self-control; as a result, it can't be treated through behavioral training.

In our case it turned out to be an urinary tract infection.

Comment

Thanks! Encouraging.

Comment

Take her to the vet immediately!!! My Mia has the same issue. People kept telling it was normal if she’s been spayed. By the time I took her it ended up being to late, her kidneys were trashed from what we don’t know. She was only 2yrs old & went everywhere with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  We had this problem with our 5 yr old female Pit Bull. We took her to the vet and this is what he told us as one possible cause:

Urinary incontinence refers to unintentional leakage of urine by housetrained dogs. This is fairly common; it can affect up to 20% of spayed female dogs; especially as they get older. Sometimes urinary leaking involves just a few drops of fluid; at other times, it can involve unintentional urination of quite a lot of fluid. Urinary incontinence is not intentional and it isn't susceptible to self-control; as a result, it can't be treated through behavioral training.

In our case it turned out to be an urinary tract infection.
                  My female lab had this problem like said above it was a UTI

Comment

Another thing make sure they do blood work. The first time I took her in they didn’t do blood work, when I took her back the next day I made them do blood work.

Comment

Dang they doubled up on you B N R!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Dang they doubled up on you B N R!

With her symptoms the vet though uti. Which she had a a minor one but the next day she started throwing up walking into things. When he done the blood work he told me he would have never thought kidney failure.

Comment

Just hope she gets better soon, prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            She has been drinking more water and she has been spayed. She is three years old and has never done this. Hope it’s uti.
                            Get her to the vet. As stated above, also a sign of diabetes.

Comment

For sure y’all. Heading in tomorrow to get her checked out. She is one of the best natured dogs we’ve ever had but man she plays rough!

Comment

Working...
                              X