Explain this... Weird autopsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
    You guys are incredible... I shot a deer, thru both lungs, that left a highway for a bloodtrail, that ran less than 100yards and the answer is "looks a little far back". Surely someone else can see the humor here?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Haha. I’m with you. Got both lungs for sure. But remember there’s a big muscular tube going from the mouth to the stomach that has to connect the 2 and if you happen to hit that good as well as the lungs, there’s not much of a check valve there to keep the stomach contents in and it doesn’t have to “regurgitate” all the way back up. Maybe only about 6 inches or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory.Shumate View Post
      Haha. I’m with you. Got both lungs for sure. But remember there’s a big muscular tube going from the mouth to the stomach that has to connect the 2 and if you happen to hit that good as well as the lungs, there’s not much of a check valve there to keep the stomach contents in and it doesn’t have to “regurgitate” all the way back up. Maybe only about 6 inches or so.
      Now this makes more sense to me than anything, not saying that the others aren't what happened, just doesn't seem to make alot of sense.

The shot was also a bit high, while we're pointing out the placement issue, I know the esophagus runs down the bottom of the neck, never really paid attention to what it does from there. Does it run higher in the body before going to stomach?

Comment

Explain this... Weird autopsy

I’m guessing you hit the esophagus.

The wind pipe runs lower in the neck.

Comment

Had one spew corn and grass everyone when the arrow zipped right through her. Wild looking, she plowed for about 15yds and that was it, dead.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            I've had deer regurgitate after being hit and getting all or part of tube that connects mouth to stomach, apparently there's an artery in that vicinity also all have lots of blood mixed in.
            This. I have seen that a few times also. It is possible you severed the esophagus at the top of the stomach.
            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-30-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              I’m guessing you hit the esophagus.

The wind pipe runs lower in the neck.

That's got to be it, looks like I would have been all over it

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                She was feeding, and that was a thought I had, but I'm talking about probably a full lb of food. Wouldn't think she would have that much in her throat. I dunno

You hit esophagus. Stomach content can come back up, and content in the esophagus can obviously come out.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                  I've had deer regurgitate after being hit and getting all or part of tube that connects mouth to stomach, apparently there's an artery in that vicinity also all have lots of blood mixed in.
                  ^^ this. Trachea.

Comment

Working...
                  X