Elk Outfitter Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Outfitter Recommendation?

I'd like to get an outfitter to help with an elk hunt in 2020, and I figured y'all might have some recommendations.

- Thinking Montana or Wyoming
    - First rifle is ideal
    - I care more about meat than trophies; high success rate is better than a small chance at the bull of a lifetime.
    - I'm looking for horses to pack us in, and a guide to point us in the right direction. Definitely not looking for 5-star glamping.

Montana trophy outfitters, Forrest will put you on them and you will have a great time. I’ve hunted with him the last two years and won’t use anyone else in Montana. Tell him Jake sent you

Forrest Lewton

+1 (406) 498-5608

Comment

Thanks, I'll give them a call. More recommendations?

Comment

Wyoming is a draw state for elk tags and you'll need some PP to draw.
        Outfitters operating on NF lands will be somewhat more affordable but not always.
        An outfitters in a wilderness area will get you that pack in type hunt in Wyoming.
        You'll have wolves and grizz to deal with in Western Wyo, lots of great elk hunting in other parts of the state too.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Following

Comment

Triangle X in Jackson Hole.

The Triangle X Ranch operates three hunting camps in the Teton Wilderness region of the Jackson Hole, Wyoming directly south of Yellowstone National Park. The camps offer some of the finest big game hunting in America. Our region has unsurpassed opportunities for trophy elk. The hunting camps are located so that they give us a near monopoly on one of the finest and largest hunting areas in the state of Wyoming.

Comment

Trophy Mountain Outfitters in Wyoming. Hunted with them this fall. Trip of a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                X