Cedar stack fence posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar stack fence posts

Does anyone know where I can find the posts for building a fence like this? I've seen several fences like this in the hill country but can't find the posts anywhere.

Use to be a place in Johnson City that sold cedar post.

Comment

There are two places on Hwy 183 heading to Lampasas One closer to Liberty Hill the other right outside of Lampasas.

Comment

I'm thinking about just welding three T-posts together to make the boxes. I have an ocean of cedar to fill them up with, so I figured I'd put it to good use.

Comment

If anyone needs cedar to make a fence like this they need to come out to my ranch. I'll even help cut and load their truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Use to be a place in Johnson City that sold cedar post.
            Cedar fence posts for sale in Texas, cedar stays, large logs for milling, land clearing - other woods for furniture makers and artists, unique hard to find woods, Bill & Janet Haynes, Haynes Cedar Co. Johnson City Texas.

Pretty sure they are still there.

Comment

Thanks all. Looks like they sell the cedar... I'm just looking for the metal posts. I have a whole lotta cedar

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                Thanks all. Looks like they sell the cedar... I'm just looking for the metal posts. I have a whole lotta cedar
                Those post look to be custom built out of square tubing. Any metal yard will have that.

Comment

Find a fab shop near by to build the posts, they look pretty simple to build.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    http://www.haynescedarcompany.com/

Pretty sure they are still there.
                    Just emailed them......................

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Those post look to be custom built out of square tubing. Any metal yard will have that.
                      Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                      Find a fab shop near by to build the posts, they look pretty simple to build.
                      After researching it I was thinking that too, thanks!

Comment

I'm kinda surprised those post aren't peeled. It'll last a LOT longer if you bark the tree. Best time to harvest is in April/May. Peels a lot easier then.

Comment

The posts are just made out of square tubing. Simple to build.

Comment

Cedar Fence Project

We just started doing a cedar project up at the ranch last week, lol! I used a guy in Kerrville (Jerry Stephens Cedar Co.) who was very reasonable and had different sizes and grades for you to choose from. And they even helped me load it!
                            Good luck!

K-Man
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X