Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think i ordered mine with deposit late January early February. I'm ready to start developing loads and shoot some prairie dogs

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
      You should have bought a can first like me. This wait would be a breeze
      Oh I have, yea that was bad, but there wasn't a thread about it reminding me every day. heck I would actually forget about it for pretty long stretches. And I have another one on order that will be dedicated to this rifle. But I'm not as antsy to get it as I am this rifle. But this is my first true custom build, and knowing how good APR is I know it will be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Someone’s 22-250 was finished before mine?!?!?

Robert you are about to get a very sad and feeling betrayed voicemail!

Sweet looking gun!

That would be mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rifles are looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanc02 View Post
            That would be mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Sweet looking gun

Comment

Originally posted by SIXpointFIVE View Post
              Rifles are looking great!
              I absolutely agree. I know some good gun builders that will tell you straight up it'll take a year.
              3-4 months on a full custom build is crazy fast. Especially since they're at the mercy of the suppliers of the components being used.

Comment

Just a PSA for you guys taking delivery of these rifles.........they do have a mechanical ejector to work around. If you are used to a standard push feed set up you may find a surprise when it comes to using a bore guide or Hornady OAL tool Basically you will find both of them trapped in the action by the ejector if you're not careful. On the Hornady tool, you'll need to remove the modified case from the tool before withdrawing it from the action. Easy enough, just push it back through the load port and take it off. On the bore guides(and you should do this anyway) stay away from the "universal" style guides. Get a Possum hollow or Lucas style design like pictured below and you'll have no issues to worry about. Just giving you a head's up!

Comment

YES!!!! Just got the call today!!! .300 Win Mag is on its way! Any thoughts on ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by BRad G View Post
                    YES!!!! Just got the call today!!! .300 Win Mag is on its way! Any thoughts on ammo?
                    215 berger

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                      Just a PSA for you guys taking delivery of these rifles.........they do have a mechanical ejector to work around. If you are used to a standard push feed set up you may find a surprise when it comes to using a bore guide or Hornady OAL tool Basically you will find both of them trapped in the action by the ejector if you're not careful. On the Hornady tool, you'll need to remove the modified case from the tool before withdrawing it from the action. Easy enough, just push it back through the load port and take it off. On the bore guides(and you should do this anyway) stay away from the "universal" style guides. Get a Possum hollow or Lucas style design like pictured below and you'll have no issues to worry about. Just giving you a head's up!
                      Mike Lucas always asks what the action pattern (diameter) and rod size are when he builds a bore guide, What should I tell him on my .22 Creed, Rem 700? I use Tipton .22-.26

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                        Mike Lucas always asks what the action pattern (diameter) and rod size are when he builds a bore guide, What should I tell him on my .22 Creed, Rem 700? I use Tipton .22-.26
                        I also would like to know so I can get one.

Comment

700 pattern will work

Comment

^^^ same but for 7mm08. Monday has the possum hollow on sale but I’m not sure what action to order

Well never mind. Thanks!

Comment

Getting a 6.5 prc I wasnt sure. Called possum hollow and bought one straight from them over the phone. #66 for those shopping online

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                                Getting a 6.5 prc I wasnt sure. Called possum hollow and bought one straight from them over the phone. #66 for those shopping online
                                Are you sure it is the #66?

Using their chart:

#66 is for "Sako 75 & 85 Savage M25", "204 Ruger, 221, 222, 223,222rem mag"

Robert can you confirm which is correct for 6.5 PRC?

#44 is listed as - "Remingon (all Centerfire Bolt)", "6.5-284, 6-284"

I'm assuming they misspelled Remington.

Comment

Working...
                                X