What truly makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What truly makes you happy?

Just in general life what truly makes you happy? I’m not going to expand but will let you fill in the blanks.

Cold beers and the camp house. Family land, started hunting here at 9 yrs old. It's my happy place, all troubles are left at the gate. I'm here probably 40+ times a year. Less than an hour from home, I'll leave work early come down in the middle of the week.

Comment

My family, kids and grandchildren

Comment

Crisp September mornings in the Rockies, on the deck of my cabin watching a Texas Hill Country sunset in late summer, cruising across glass slick water on the lake in the late evening, a good south Texas dove shoot, watching a speck blow up on a top water, driving down a dirt country road listening to good 80’s rock.

Pretty simple things make me happy.

Comment

Watching the sunrise over the lake, then whacking big bass.

Sitting in a tree and having a solid buck come in.

Watching my kids succeed.

Seeing my wife happy.

Comment

Natural Light and Windmills

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

security!!
              secure financially
              secure marriage
              secure job

Comment

Taking deep breath:

Having coffee on my back porch at sunrise looking across beautiful Lake Livingston.
                Knowing that the best woman in the world has been by my side for 46 years.
                Knowing that both my daughters are navigating this life with great families and careers.
                Loving on my grandchildren when I can.
                Having my deer lease 20 minutes from my home.
                Knowing that my friends except me and forgive me for my weaknesses.
                Knowing that God truly loves me and forgives me of my sins.
                Being in the position to help those that have crossed my path.
                Having a drink on my back porch watching the sun go down on beautiful Lake Livingston.

Comment

No drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ultimately Jesus he provides and gives security. He also created the world not for us to love but to enjoy and have dominion over. Sunrise and sunsets fishing hunting and family

Comment

Sitting here right now with my 7 mo old granddaughter making her belly laugh at the stuffed sloth I keep zooming at her face. She's happy, I'm happy. Life's good!
                      Edit: Grandma just took her for a bath. Now she's mad. Mean grandma!

2nd edit: Baths over and they made their peace

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by rolylane6; 03-24-2023, 07:40 PM.

Comment

My kids,
                        Wife
                        Work
                        I am absolutely at peace like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any and everything at deer camp (with the exception of the feed bill). Being around my family. Even if we aren’t doing anything but sitting on the porch talking, it’s always a great time. My job. I have the best job in the world and even though there are parts about it that suck sometimes, it’s still the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. I also love to see my wife happy and having fun. She’s been working herself half to death the last four years and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. She’s almost made it to the big leagues and a big payday. Anytime I can see her truly happy and enjoying herself makes me feel great. I’m sure there are more but that’s a few off the top of my head.

Comment

The Lord, My kids, my wife, my family, my church and the outdoors. If I can incorporate my family and friends in the outdoors that’s when I seem to look back at the best times of my life. I always love going to church, and am blessed with a great church family. It’s a special time to me too. I actually have a new career that I truly enjoy look forward to waking up and working with the people I do everyday, so I’m about ready to add my career to the list too!!

Comment

Bringing a smile to my wifes face
                              Hearing her laugh
                              The excitement of the grandkids having fun
                              My dam dog laying down to sleep with me

Comment

Working...
                              X