Houston Texans 2023 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Texans 2023 Thread

With free agency in full swing and the draft next month, let's get a thread going for the 2023 season. For the first time in years, I am actually excited about this team's future. Demeco was a fantastic choice at head coach and he seemingly made some good choices at other coordinator/coach positions. The jury is still out on Caserio.

They haven't made any superstar signings but have quietly improved the roster tremendously versus where they were. Some are depth players, some are starters, but it's a great start in free agency. The Laramy Tunsil extension at LT was a good move to help protect a young QB.

Free Agency Signings:

Dalton Schultz TE (one of the best signings they have made)
    Devin Singletary RB (Singletary + Pierce = )
    Sheldon Rankins DT
    Robert Woods WR
    Noah Brown WR
    Shaq Mason G
    Jimmy Ward S
    Case Keenum QB
    Hassan Ridgeway DT
    Chase Winovich DE
    Mike Boone RB
    Andrew Beck FB

*Denzel Perryman (LB) had a 2 day visit leading into the weekend and is rumored to a possible signing.

The draft will be exciting with the number of picks we have and especially how many we have in the first 3 rounds. A franchise QB at #2 is pretty much a lock and I'm in the camp that thinks Bryce Young is the guy if Carolina passes him. The second pick at #12 needs to be a true #1 receiver or stud DE depending on the best player on the board at that point. In addition to the list below we also have pick #259 (Mr Irrelevant) as a compensatory pick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230320_183143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	25309611

After being absolute garbage for several years, it's nice to have some excitement about the team again.
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-20-2023, 05:53 PM.

They can draft all they want, they still suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      With free agency in full swing and the draft next month, let's get a thread going for the 2023 season. For the first time in years, I am actually excited about this team's future. Demeco was a fantastic choice at head coach and he seemingly made some good choices at other coordinator/coach positions. The jury is still out on Caserio.

They haven't made any superstar signings but have quietly improved the roster tremendously versus where they were. Some are depth players, some are starters, but it's a great start in free agency. The Laramy Tunsil extension at LT was a good move to help protect a young QB.

Free Agency Signings:

Sheldon Rankins DT
      Robert Woods WR
      Noah Brown WR
      Shaq Mason G
      Jimmy Ward S
      Case Keenum QB
      Hassan Ridgeway DT
      Chase Winovich DE
      Mike Boone RB
      Andrew Beck FB

*Denzel Perryman (LB) had a 2 day visit leading into the weekend and is rumored to a possible signing.

The draft will be exciting with the number of picks we have and especially how many we have in the first 3 rounds. A franchise QB at #2 is pretty much a lock and I'm in the camp that thinks Bryce Young is the guy if Carolina passes him. The second pick at #12 needs to be a true #1 receiver or stud DE depending on the best player on the board at that point. In addition to the list below we also have pick #259 (Mr Irrelevant) as a compensatory pick.

[ATTACH]1123749[/ATTACH]

After being absolute garbage for several years, it's nice to have some excitement about the team again.
      I have not seen one of these threads in a couple of years. Hopefully your team can get it heading in the right direction.

Comment

They added a Center too, though he will probably be depth as they will probably draft a starter.

Name:	Screenshot_20230320_190322.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	24709363

[
        Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-20-2023, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this if true. He just doesn't stay healthy but he is a playmaker.

Name:	Screenshot_20230320_191317.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24709364

Comment

Dalton Schultz is a good signing for the with a near guaranteed young QB coming in. Just don’t expect much from him with regards to run blocking, definitely not a strong point of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Dalton Schultz is a good signing for the with a near guaranteed young QB coming in. Just don’t expect much from him with regards to run blocking, definitely not a strong point of his.
              That's disappointing that run blocking is a weakness of his. I'm hopeful they will draft a TE too as this draft class is deep with some good ones.

Comment

Who?

😁👍

Comment

Don't expect much after the catch either, he is an average TE imo, I think he thought his value was much higher, he thought wrong.

Comment

Never heard of the TE. Lol

Good thang it’s only for 1 year

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this if true. He just doesn't stay healthy but he is a playmaker.

[ATTACH]1123754[/ATTACH]
                      Jackson has been linked to darn near half the league according to whichever talking head you listen to

Comment

He is definitely an above average TE. And, a good safety blanket for the QB. Singletary will be a good #2 at RB. He can also catch passes out of the backfield.

Comment

Free Agency Signings:

Sheldon Rankins DT
                          Robert Woods WR
                          Noah Brown WR
                          Shaq Mason G
                          Jimmy Ward S
                          Case Keenum QB
                          Hassan Ridgeway DT
                          Chase Winovich DE
                          Mike Boone RB
                          Andrew Beck FB

[ATTACH]1123749[/ATTACH]

So you want the Texans to draft the shortest QB in the history of the draft...shorter than Kyler Murray, ( and I didnt think that is possible)

Carolina is taking Stroud and I think Houston will be enamored by the freak athleticism of Richardson....dont be surprised if Young doesnt fall deep in the draft

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            So you want the Texans to draft the shortest QB in the history of the draft...shorter than Kyler Murray, ( and I didnt think that is possible)

Carolina is taking Stroud and I think Houston will be enamored by the freak athleticism of Richardson....dont be surprised if Young doesnt fall deep in the draft
                            I hope they take Richardson. Hes like a more athletic Rothlisberger. Im sure they'll take Young, I cant see him being very succesful.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                              I hope they take Richardson. Hes like a more athletic Rothlisberger. Im sure they'll take Young, I cant see him being very succesful.
                              I dont think they will.......

None of these younger small QBs are doing much in the NFL...except getting hurt......
                              They can do OK with a great team around them, but NONE of them are carrying their team at all......closest might be Jalen Hurts...and I think he is 6'3"

Comment

Working...
                              X