No announcement yet.

We Have a Ranch Again - New Ranch - Follow Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome place! Will definitely follow along on the progress.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies so far. It is truly breathtaking and I haven't even explored many parts. It is gonna be a fun ride!!

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Congrats man! Sounds like a great place for the family to enjoy for years to come.
      Yes sir, I look forward to hunting with my grandkids out there and that better not be for a long time!!!

Originally posted by Incline View Post
      That first pic is absolutely gorgeous. Then you follow it up with the buck pic. Yep, I could handle a little slice of that. Congrats on a beautiful place and good luck.
      And the pic doesn't even do it justice. Views and beauty in all directions!! We would be happy even if there wasn't a single deer out there...

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
      Side question about 1031….
      How long do you have to pay for land improvements from the 1031 exchange?
      Does that clock start after you close in your new land?
      Yeah, it is complicated. You have a certain amount of time to find and close on the new place after closing on the old. Luckily we didn't have to worry about that since we had a place lined up but that was really stressful given the market, etc. Then once you close on the new place you have 6 months or 180 days to spend the money from the old place. There are a lot of other rules on what you can spend the money on, etc. so it is a little challenging with some things like the cabin. I'm trying to stay out of that as much as possible and let my dad handle that since ultimately it is his ranch and I just get to go and help out. I'm more focused on getting things set up.

Comment

Thx for info about 1031 $ after the close. Some improvements are tricky and covered and others are not.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Thx for info about 1031 $ after the close. Some improvements are tricky and covered and others are not.
          Definitely not an expert. Paid a 1031 company good money for their management of the funds.
          Our 1031 covered solar well, new fence labor and all materials , Caliche,
          Culverts, cattle guards, etc. But getting all materials lined up and contractors was challenging in this environment.

BP

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the new place its beautiful

Comment

Looks like a great place. Congrats.

Comment

awesome, congrats

Comment

Thx Big Pig

Comment

Congrats!
                      Nice having your own place.
                      I can thank my grandpa for ours, although I never met him.

Comment

Congratulations on your new place, looks awesome!

Comment

Can't wait to go check it out! LOL

Comment

It has been a few weeks but haven't had too many changes. We have gotten a few hunts in and seen quite a bit but no deer old enough to shoot (have some on camera tho). My niece shot a pig but I didn't get pics of it. We have a few more turkey than I was anticipating which is a good thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	May 8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	24667022

We still continue to work more than play but that will be the case for a while. Last weekend we set up our travel trailers thinking we had the neighbors permission until we get our electricity (he got the part w/ electricity and water) and then ended up having to move them so back to square one there. We will set them up again on our property this weekend and run generators so it shouldn't take too long to be comfy again. We still have to figure out water until we get a well but we have a couple of ideas that should work. No pics of trailers as nothing too exciting there.

The bulldozers are officially on site and have done a little work but really just getting started. I'm expecting quite a bit to be done next weekend when we show up. We did get 2 rifle stands set up so my dad has a couple of places to sit since he doesn't bow hunt. I only took pics of 1. The first is the stand and the second is looking out from the stand. You can see a little of the dozer work and another 1 of the tanks we have on our place. The feeder is out of the shot but just off to the right.

Name:	May 9.jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	24667023

Name:	May 10.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	24667024

So, not much to update but as I said I think the dozers will do work this week and get some roads cut to allow us to get a couple more stands set up (can't get to the location with a truck and trailer yet) and more importantly get the electric provider where they need to get to set a pole. Fingers crossed to have 5 rifle blinds set up and electricity before Thanksgiving. If we can get that accomplished, the rest is bonus! Hopefully there will be more to update next week as far as progress and I really hope to have a ldp but we will see if he cooperates....

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X