Tennis elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
    Google voodoo flossing for tennis elbow. It is essentially just a heavy rubber band you wrap super tight around your elbow for a minute or two. There are videos on youtube. You can buy similar bands on amazon for very cheap. It is a miracle cure for me. It didn't just relieve my symptoms, it fixed it entirely. It was a real problem for me and now i havent experienced it in years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Flossing band shows up tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      Google voodoo flossing for tennis elbow. It is essentially just a heavy rubber band you wrap super tight around your elbow for a minute or two. There are videos on youtube. You can buy similar bands on amazon for very cheap. It is a miracle cure for me. It didn't just relieve my symptoms, it fixed it entirely. It was a real problem for me and now i havent experienced it in years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Great video. This guy has a number of theories behind the reason he thinks this exercise works; they were very different but really seemed to make sense to me. This and the fact that when anyone starts talking to me about “ectopic polarization,” I get all gooey inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        Great video. This guy has a number of theories behind the reason he thinks this exercise works; they were very different but really seemed to make sense to me. This and the fact that when anyone starts talking to me about “ectopic polarization,” I get all gooey inside.

lmao awesome

Comment

Ive been dealing with it for decades!!! Too many years in a kitchen handling things incorrectly. From my experience (3 shots, all kinds of pressure bands, 4-5 MRI's, Multiple docs and PT's), learn how to handle things correctly. My gym coach explained how to strengthen the mucsles in your forearm and in-turn, it will repair the damage. I started off with a simple hand grip strenth do-dad... the little vise grip looking thing.... Could barely do 3-4 before the pain would start, in the beginning. I would do them everytime I would get into the truck.... some days 30-40, some days 100+... After a couple of months the pain just disappeared!!!

Pain free for almost a year now.

Comment

For me there were no easy fixes. The bands help a bit but, imo, they dont let anything heal. Its like taking a ibuprofen. It will temporarily reduce tension on the tendon helping with the pain. You can get the steroid shot which will reduce the pain and allow you to do physical therapy which will help in the long run. I've dont the shot three times and physical therapy. At my worst, I couldnt turn a doorknob. Now I have coping mechanism not to irritate my tennis and golfers elbow and have identified activities that cause it to act up. Bowl more then one round, play more than one round of top golf, do dumb bell curls and I'm in for pain. Basically any repetitive activity that causes my wrist to rotate relative to my elbow under load is iffy.

Comment

Been down this road twice. The second time I had two shots and told it was either surgery or likely pain the rest of my life. I had a ton of scar tissue on the tendon per MRI.

Well I don't like pain, and I wasn't a fan of detaching a tendon to debride it and it never really being the same again.

I did 6 weeks of hospital PT for each elbow... the second elbow it didn't help at all. That's when I got told surgery or live with it. I'm hard headed.

It helps if you understand why this happens, why it hurts, and how you can prevent it.

There is actually an online course that has stretches and exercises I eventually invested in. It wasn't very expensive, and I was still looking for a non-invasive fix. It actually worked, its not magic, but its the right set of stretches and exercises to actually let the tendon heal and prevent future occurrences.

Some swear by the bands, but they aren't helping promote healing, and can actually impede it. For many people a little rest does wonders, but if its more severe than that a very specific PT program can actually help you avoid surgery. You need to lengthen the forearm muscles, strengthen the tendon, and break down the scar tissue that's already there.

This is the course I used: https://tenniselbowclassroom.com

FWIW, I did the full program 2 years ago, and have had no issues since. Every now and then one will be a tiny bit sore, and I'll just go through the whole routine that night before going to bed, and it goes away.
              Last edited by Loneaggie; 03-27-2023, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                Been down this road twice. The second time I had two shots and told it was either surgery or likely pain the rest of my life. I had a ton of scar tissue on the tendon per MRI.

Well I don't like pain, and I wasn't a fan of detaching a tendon to debride it and it never really being the same again.

I did 6 weeks of hospital PT for each elbow... the second elbow it didn't help at all. That's when I got told surgery or live with it. I'm hard headed.

It helps if you understand why this happens, why it hurts, and how you can prevent it.

There is actually an online course that has stretches and exercises I eventually invested in. It wasn't very expensive, and I was still looking for a non-invasive fix. It actually worked, its not magic, but its the right set of stretches and exercises to actually let the tendon heal and prevent future occurrences.

Some swear by the bands, but they aren't helping promote healing, and can actually impede it. For many people a little rest does wonders, but if its more severe than that a very specific PT program can actually help you avoid surgery. You need to lengthen the forearm muscles, strengthen the tendon, and break down the scar tissue that's already there.

This is the course I used: https://tenniselbowclassroom.com

FWIW, I did the full program 2 years ago, and have had no issues since. Every now and then one will be a tiny bit sore, and I'll just go through the whole routine that night before going to bed, and it goes away.

I’m with you. NSAIDS and steroid shots are bandaid fixes; they may temporarily relieve the pain, but they do little to fix the problem and promote healing. Further, by chemically reducing inflammation and pain, you’re more than likely to continue doing the thing(s) that caused the problem in the first place, thereby making it even worse.

I’m a big fan of a PT program targeted to the specific joint and particular to a specific pain. It’s amazing how seemingly innocuous movements (like the ones in the video) done maybe a couple of times a day Can place things on the right track for healing.

Comment

Day one with flossing band so we will see how this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                    Day one with flossing band so we will see how this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Please keep us posted.

I'm on day 2 with the elbow band thingy, don't think I wore it right yesterday though. Feels better so far, but that's subjective and could be influenced by placebo effect. I didn't wear it sleeping and woke up aching pretty good.

Comment

Hitting golf balls off rubber mats on plywood caused me some real right elbow issues
                      Quit that and was fine in no time.

Not a doctor but I would also suggest fever reducers and some bio freeze gel.

BP
                      Last edited by Big pig; 03-28-2023, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Figured I'd give this an update. I wore an elbow band on my forearm for a solid 6 weeks and probably recovered 80% or so during that time. Somewhere along there I quit wearing it but elbow continued to improve. I picked up my bow today for the first time since fall 2022 and was able to shoot pain free without any issues. Really felt great to be able to get some reps with it.

Comment

For the last 6 weeks or so if I prop my right elbow up on a hard surface I have excruciating pain. But as soon as I remove it it stops, and nothing else hurts it. It’s like when the elbow is flexed that way something down in there gets pushed on and it’s unbearable. I’ve been thinking about going and getting it checked out, but it’s literally not affecting me in any way, other than improving my table manners

Comment

I thought I had tennis elbow really bad, but in emded up being cupital tunnel ( like carpal tunnel in the elbow). The compression bands worked but never completely made the pain better

Comment

Interesting, my mom has been battling really bad carpel tunnel for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X