Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas zoo (who dunnit?)

Seems a string of mysterious events.

Someone stealing animals? A cloud leopard, then two monkeys. And a vulture who may have been killed?

today they found the two monkeys.

Missing Dallas Zoo Monkeys Found in Closet of Abandoned Home https://www.wsj.com/articles/missing...me-11675218389

@Chew , are you looking for some contract work?

The leopard was found inside the premises I believe

Comment

Hard to think it isn’t an inside job

Fun fact - their reptile exhibit was the only place me and my wife were ever kicked out of for not wearing masks during Covid. Still get a laugh out of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12 Monkeys

Crazy, they stole 12 monkeys in Lafayette..

BROUSSARD - Law enforcement is now involved in the search for a dozen missing monkeys after a burglary at a Lafayette-area zoo over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
          Hard to think it isn’t an inside job

Fun fact - their reptile exhibit was the only place me and my wife were ever kicked out of for not wearing masks during Covid. Still get a laugh out of that.

Or some Peta like activists!?

Comment

Not stealing them just cutting the cages and letting them out. They have a suspect on camera. Some people are just stupid.

Comment

I won't condone the criminals actions, but you have to admit, a zoo is a really strange place. Animals confined to tiny little cages relative to their natural environment, eating whatever we throw to them. For example, the elephant enclosure at Houston zoo is MAYBE 2 acres. For multiple elephants. The giraffe enclosure is half that size. That's not normal. Lock a human in a cage that is an acre, and we are going nuts after a day or two.

Again, not agreeing or justifying criminal activity. Just an observation.

Comment

It could be sketchy stealing a leopard.

Comment

it's someone's cousin from here, I bet!

Comment

They just interviewed one of the escaped monkeys on The Ticket. He claimed he engineered the escape on his own. They made it to their safe house in Lancaster but the getaway car he had arranged for was a Miata with a stick shift he didn’t know how to drive. Between that and the ice he immediately crashed into a brick mailbox which led to their capture.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      They just interviewed one of the escaped monkeys on The Ticket. He claimed he engineered the escape on his own. They made it to their safe house in Lancaster but the getaway car he had arranged for was a Miata with a stick shift he didn’t know how to drive. Between that and the ice he immediately crashed into a brick mailbox which led to their capture.

Does not surprise me. Seen a lot of people driving like escaped monkeys in the ice last couple of days….

Comment

I gotta BIG question- what purpose does a monkey serve? Target practice would be my first response.

Comment

I’d bet a snickers bar and coke it’s some genius hood rat doing genius hood rat stuff. The leopard was a small / docile type. Probably some genius figured a way to get the monkeys out of the zoo, genius part, and took them down south w/ the intention of selling them (genius hood rat part). Then realized he’d screwed up, stashed the primates, and called in the location of where they could be picked up. Ugh.

My wild speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            If they'd of used a border collie instead of Miata, they would have never caught up to 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              I gotta BIG question- what purpose does a monkey serve? Target practice would be my first response.
                              What does that even mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X