Firearm insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firearm insurance?

Anyone carry a separate policy strictly for your guns and such? Wife and I were discussing it the other day. Getting enough now (NFA and non) that I'm afraid it would easily exceed the standard possessions portion of my homeowner's insurance in the event of a catastrophic loss like a fire.

Also, inventory of said items? NFA stuff is easy, it's all on the trust inventory. Thinking of a dedicated thumb drive or similar with a spreadsheet to include serial numbers, values and such, along with detail pictures. Copy of the files on the cloud somewhere and the original drive in the safe deposit box.

in................

Comment

Following...

Comment

I have a dedicated policy. Most standard policies I believe only cover $2,500. That’s more than one gun and scope in some cases.

My insurance company has all models and serial #s, with pictures.

Comment

following!!!

Comment

What kind of prices are you getting as quotes?

Comment

I used to, but now due to my wedding ring, we carry Personal Articles, which covers a lot more and I can increase it with a phone call.

I've had it for so long I guess I better follow up and make sure it is still sufficient.

Comment

I love USAA; however, their gun coverage was expensive. I have gone the self-insured route on guns etc. but that is likely not a wise decision. Especially now that I have jinxed myself in admitting it is unwise. :-)

Comment

I do the home insurance of a fellow TBHer and it was more economic for him to do a stand alone policy than for me to increase the coverage on his home insurance policy. I believe he went thru the NRA, he did everything thru their website. I will check this morning and follow back up on this thread on who he used.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    I have a dedicated policy. Most standard policies I believe only cover $2,500. That’s more than one gun and scope in some cases.

My insurance company has all models and serial #s, with pictures.
                    What company are you using?

Comment

I have Harleys competition rifles insured through USAA. It was pretty easy and cheap. In fact the lady and I talked longer about the fact that there is rifle shooting in college than it took to get the rifles insured. I pay $108 a year for 2 rifles.

Comment

Germania has no limit on firearms and great insurance to boot

Comment

In.

Comment

There was a thread on m4carbine & everyone says these are the guys to use??

Eastern Insurance Group is now part of Gallagher, expanding expertise and relationships in commercial and personal property and casualty products, along with health and benefits consulting.

I talked to my state farm agent & recall a $17 per $1k value.

Comment

My buddy used NRA.

Comment

Working...
                              X