Gate Opener Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Opener Battery

I need to replace the battery for my Apollo gate opener. Last one I bought was an Interstate SRM27 on 6/25/2020. Is 30 months about the average life span? Any other suggestions?

I buy the big deep cycle from oreilly. $100ish. Not sure on lifespan as it’s only been up a few months.

Comment

Cheapest deep cycle wal mart carries.

Comment

Mine last about 2 years or so with a solar panel. They don't make them as good as they did in the 80's and early 90's. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Mine last about 2 years or so with a solar panel. They don't make them as good as they did in the 80's and early 90's. JMO
          I hear ya! Wife & I fished a lot of couples tournaments in the the 80’s, 90’s & early 2000’s & I don’t remember changing trolling motor batteries that often!

Comment

I have two of the Apollo openers and use cheep deep cycle from Oreillys also. Usually 1-2 years per battery. Maybe your solar panel is bad or something or just a bad battery. Good luck

Comment

I've installed hundreds of gate openers and the battery that lasted the longest is the smallest and cheapest gell cell battery I could buy. It seems nobody remembers to check the acid/water level in their battery and that is what is usually their demise.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs!

Comment

I use a Walmart garden tractor battery. Been good for a couple of years now.

Comment

Working...
                  X