Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countdown to opening day

Who is ready?

I’m still tinkering with gear; ended up switching back to my 59’ Kodiak instead of the Super K (really like the zip of the 54# bow vs. the 48# SK shooting the same weight arrow).

Been shooting every day, got a new 3-D deer target today and shot like absolute dog doo this evening.

May get a stand set or two in this weekend, gonna keep my shots short ( 15 yards and under ) and hope to get a doe or two

Who else is going out?

I've officially hit my pre season shooting slump, and I think I'm most of the way shot back out of it.

Did a practice climb tonight, and figured out a better way to set the amsteel daisy chain on my sticks. Also figured out I need a different pull rope solution, cause mine is worse than my shooting right now. I need to tweak a couple other things on my system, but I have my rappel down pat!

Comment

I set up a ground blind yesterday and have been shooting a lot. Feeling extremely comfortable out to sixty yards. Monitoring the wind direction for Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        I set up a ground blind yesterday and have been shooting a lot. Feeling extremely comfortable out to sixty yards. Monitoring the wind direction for Saturday morning.

With a trad bow?????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Countdown to opening day

I’m about as ready as I can be. I went to a lighter draw weight of 40#. It’s the lightest I have ever shot. I am shooting this bow as well or better than any bow I have shot in the last couple years; way more consistent and accurate. I’m not worried about the low weight as I’ve already taken a pig with this bow and it was no problemo!

I just hope I didn’t jinx the crap out of myself by typing all that!!!!!

Good luck to everyone come Saturday morning!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m ready for this season!

I honestly feel more in tune with my shooting and set ups this year than any other before.

Aside from my regular access properties, also got drawn for Neches River at the end of October, and then turn around and head to Missouri Nov 4th for a week.

Hopefully for a great season with lots of learning on my second out of state trip.

Comment

I'm gonna look at my cards, if Jason brought them home this weekend, and see if it's worth the drive.
              Nah, seriously, I gotta go. My turn to take the alfalfa and need to get corn and protein as well.
              However with the drought the deer are pounding the feeders and getting shots on doe is a gimme but I haven't seen one yet that I need to shoot. My son in law and priest will want to take one later but for now, unless something is on one of those cards or shows up that surprises me, I'll be watching deer I won't shoot and hoping for a pig.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X