X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Press Coffee Drinkers?

Anyone a coffee connoisseurs?

I have never had French Press Coffee.

I throughly enjoy trying all types of coffees even then basic soccer mom flavor like pumpkin spice [emoji38] or nitro cold brew, etc.

Anyone a french press coffee drinker? Worth the extra effort and time?

And no I don’t drink Folgers or Maxwell House[emoji1785]I draw the line at community coffee lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay.

Lol. J/k, sort of.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

There's no extra effort or time. It's about as simple as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
        Anyone a coffee connoisseurs?

I have never had French Press Coffee.

I throughly enjoy trying all types of coffees even then basic soccer mom flavor like pumpkin spice [emoji38] or nitro cold brew, etc.

Anyone a french press coffee drinker? Worth the extra effort and time?

And no I don’t drink Folgers or Maxwell House[emoji1785]I draw the line at community coffee lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It isnt much more time than your drip machine and to me, you get a richer better flavor.

I buy whole bean and grind each day based on weight and compare it to how much water. I kept a log until I found my sweet spot.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

You won’t regret it.

Comment

French press got us through the freeze!!!!

Comment

It does make a great Cup of coffee. That being said, I drink 3/4 a pot of coffee every morning and it’s a royal PITA with a French press. I don’t miss it.

Comment

Does it taste better? Yes.
                Is there a PITA factor added? Yes.

For me, it is not worth the extra effort to bypass a coffee maker. Throw filter out, dump excess coffee, swirl water around pot.

With French press, it gets colder while steeping, cleaning up is more time consuming. If the coffee is good, then I don't need to enhance it with a French press.

Also, use heavy whipping cream instead of half and half. But I will warn you, you will NEVER go back.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                  Same here, and I actually enjoyed it, and not just because it was hot. I think if I experimented with the amount of the coffee grinds and water ratio, I could really lock in a good combination as someone noted above.

Comment

We do the pour over with the filter cone in the top of the French press pot. Boil a tea kettle full of water and then slowly pour it over the ground coffee. Doesn't take long at all and very good coffee.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

I use an AeroPress and thoroughly enjoy it! https://aeropress.com/

I also do pour over sometimes, with the simple little plastic thing you put over a cup.

Comment

We use one in the trailer throughout hunting season. I can’t imagine that makes me gay! I like good, black coffee in the am and a French press is the easiest way for us. Just boil water, mix with ground, let it sit and then press. Pretty darn easy! To me it’s about like cowboy coffee. I do love the taste and don’t consider it the least bit high brow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          We do the pour over with the filter cone in the top of the French press pot. Boil a tea kettle full of water and then slowly pour it over the ground coffee. Doesn't take long at all and very good coffee.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff
                          i was just using a refillable keurig but my wife is a self professed coffee snob and she tried a bunch of different stuff before settling on using a pour over. i can't tell the difference really but i always put heavy whipping cream in my coffee so maybe it's enough to throw off the subtle flavors she's always talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            Same here ,messy as hell but really good. Still like my perculator

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. Grind the beans too so it is a little extra work. Worth it though IMO. Wife and I only drink a couple cups in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X