Anyone seeing any doves ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing any doves ??

Been traveling around lately and haven’t seen many birds. How about any of y’all?? Drove from Manor to Taylor to Thorndale last week and didn’t see but a handful. This was about 5:30 to 7:00 pm.

We’re covered in South Texas. They should be outa here by mid September

Comment

We have thousands and thousands around the feeders in SE Webb Co. These birds are there year round. I guess they don’t migrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I"ve seen an increase in Morning doves, compared to WWings. Seems to be about a 50/50 mix this year. Last several years it's been more WWings than morning. About a 80/20 mix around here. Did notice a tailless morning dove this past week.

Comment

Tons in the goatweed in Madisonville yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
            Tons in the goatweed in Madisonville yesterday.
            Most birds we have had since I moved to Centerville.

Comment

Cameron County is flooded with doves, should be a good year. I have a few spots I’ll be hunting on.

Comment

Saw a ton down in Raymondville area last weekend. Quite a few at my lease near Telegraph this weekend too.

Comment

Yes. I always see hundreds of them until the annual big rain before the dove opener then they disappear

Comment

I am not seeing anything exciting on dove counts in Fort Bend or Lavaca County.
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I’ve heard no good reports in this part of the state. We’ve checked out 6-8 fields we’ve
                      leased in the past in Stephens, Shackelford, and just north of Abilene and they all look like parking lots. I’m sure somebody somewhere around here lucked out on rain at the right time and has food for them but gonna be few and far between. Tank hunting might be the way to go this season

Comment

Lots of them here in Bee County. Mostly white wings.

Comment

Cameron County is flooded with doves, should be a good year. I have a few spots I’ll be hunting on.

Comment

Lots of mourning and a few white wings in NW Webb county, hopefully they hang around for the season. It’s our first year down there so don’t know what to expect.

Comment

Very very few.

Comment

Working...
                              X