Starting Crossfit ( AGAIN )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah after all my talk about never going back, I'm going back. I experienced a lot of pain in my left shoulder last time around ( bone spur ) so I quit but I've been out of shape ever since. I know a lot of you guys are gonna say there's other ways to get fit but it's the only thing that's really produced great results for me.

Good for you! gotta do what works for YOU

Comment

Every time I watch Mal Obrien I get motivated to start crossfit .

Comment

Good for you. I had great results with crossfit. Sure wish the gym in my town hadn't shut down. I have tried stuff on my own but have a hard time staying motivated without the larger group.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
          Yeah after all my talk about never going back, I'm going back. I experienced a lot of pain in my left shoulder last time around ( bone spur ) so I quit but I've been out of shape ever since. I know a lot of you guys are gonna say there's other ways to get fit but it's the only thing that's really produced great results for me.

Do it. Just listen to your tendons and joints. Dont let unprofessionals talk you into things that are going to hurt you. Ive never been affiliated with xfit but do a lot of HIIT calisthenics and olympic barbell. Tendons aching mean lower the weight or reps. Listen to them. Im playing the long game now. Dont have time for tendonitis or tears requiring surgery. My best advice.

Annie Thorisdottir is my inspirational crush lol. Im a big guy so it works lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Ætheling; 07-20-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

i have done crossfit since 2008 pretty consistent. got really serious about it and ended up with a bummed shoulder. did surgery and even the surgeon said crossfit wasnt the culprit. but said alot of what i was doing was making it worse. So I now follow Crossfit mayhems programming and they offer lower level crossfit wods. I avoid snatches, and non banded kipping pull ups. no more handstand pushups. keep all weights under 225. most are just 95. lots of cardio and dumbbells.

I have found that i have to have the competition push. it is what keeps me motivated and the functional fitness of it lets me know how hard i can push myself if needed.

find what works for you and just listen to you and your body.

Comment

Just know that your Fake pull-ups look stupid

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                Just know that your Fake pull-ups look stupid
                Explain fake pull ups

Comment

Been doing it for 4 years now.. 5 days a week. I'm super fit, but I have come to terms with not buying into the bravado at my age. My advice is to be comfortable changing the workout motions to something that is suited for you. I keep the structure, but change the individual movements. For me, that's limiting the barbell, and extreme movements (hspu, and mu's etc). The gym should have no problem with that, if they do, find another gym!

Comment

Explain fake pull ups
                    I think he means the Butterfly pullups.. which I agree, it's not a real pull up hah.

Comment

Explain fake pull ups

Kipping. Not allowed in a strict pull-up. Kipping is actually a gymnastics bar movement and not a pull up. But who gives a crap. Have fun.

Comment

I’ve been going for about 6 years now. Some days I push it and some I don’t. Just listen to your body and when it says nope, lower the weight or sub for a different movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Kipping. Not allowed in a strict pull-up. Kipping is actually a gymnastics bar movement and not a pull up. But who gives a crap. Have fun.

Exactly

Comment

Tire flippers

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

On/off for 10 years. I’m steady 2-3 days a week for a year. No other program works like CF for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X