No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ron, we're hunting out of a base camp. One of the guys on our lease invited me last year to an area he has hunted the last 30 years.

Comment

NM tag secured! Big relief. I can breathe now.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
        NM tag secured! Big relief. I can breathe now.
        Same unit as last year coonazz?

Comment

Just got back from a three day scout in south central CO. Awesome trip! Elk are looking great and I am ready for September

Comment

Looking for suggestions on semi-guided hunts in Colorado anyone have have preferred outfitters or ones to stay away from?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Same unit as last year coonazz?
              Yep. Price was a bit higher than last year, but I'm just happy to have found them.

Comment

Put another preference point in the bucket and will be hunting OTC Colorado in the Unit 70/71 area. Probably will go first week of archery season, but could wait for 2nd gun season if the archery timing doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                  Yep. Price was a bit higher than last year, but I'm just happy to have found them.
                  Good deal. I'm betting you will do good again this year.

Comment

Any day now and we should have results for Idaho

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQcMZLZpx8"]Elk Fighting in River - Yellowstone National Park - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                        Put another preference point in the bucket and will be hunting OTC Colorado in the Unit 70/71 area. Probably will go first week of archery season, but could wait for 2nd gun season if the archery timing doesn't work out.
                        There isn't any elk in units 70/71.

There every year!

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
                          There isn't any elk in units 70/71.

There every year!
                          Haha, very true. Guess I should say I'm going to go camping in units 70/71 and it happens to be during archery elk season.

Comment

Going to shoot some 3d this morning and then getting together with some guys to work on elk calling later today. Elk season is right around the corner.

Comment

Hey guys, has anyone ever used this company for Swaro rentals??? I am thinking about doing a January deer hunt in AZ and my glass is not nearly this good. Going to see if anyone had used this?

Comment

glass rental

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                                Hey guys, has anyone ever used this company for Swaro rentals??? I am thinking about doing a January deer hunt in AZ and my glass is not nearly this good. Going to see if anyone had used this?

http://www.optics4rent.com/index.html
                                If you don't mind shelling out 105.00 to 140.00 to just try them out, I say do it.

I rented a Rhino gps radio before just to see if they work as well as advertised, and it was totally worth it to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X