Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be real happy with a spike!

Comment

You guys have killed some great bulls and great stories!! I leave for the Jicarilla in two days... so anxious to get there....

Comment

Congrats guys! There's been some great hunts posted!

Comment

Got it done in Wyoming guided public/private. Was a hunt of a lifetime with all the action we had as well as a father and son hunt with my dad. Bulls were bugling and rutting hard. With the open sage brush type land we really got to see and watch 20 + bulls doing their thing over several days. Got to watch several bulls stealing cows and herding cows up mountains which was really cool to watch. Had several evenings of bulls coming in from every direction bugling for hours and almost sealed the deal on some giants. Ended up taking a nice 6x6 on day 4. He came in hard on the cow call. Was able to get a 20-yard shot.
          Attached Files

Comment

^^^great pics^^^

Comment

Got back from CO last night. Never heard any bugling, other than hunter's who thought they were Cody Jinks (Loud and Heavy), until our last couple of days. Called in a decent sized bull to 18 yards, but no shot in the heavy cover. Wind swirled and that was that. Fun hunt. I still haven't killed an elk, but I did manage to work up the mountain to his elevation and call in my first bull, so a successful hunt in my book and this is now going to be an annual addiction, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never elk hunter. I would love to just get a cow elk with my bow for the meat. I’m thinking that might be really tough though because you can call bulls but can you call cows? In videos the cows are always in big groups. That would be a lot of eyes, ears and noses to contend with. Is this just a dumb idea to try to get a cow with my bow?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                  Got it done in Wyoming guided public/private. Was a hunt of a lifetime with all the action we had as well as a father and son hunt with my dad. Bulls were bugling and rutting hard. With the open sage brush type land we really got to see and watch 20 + bulls doing their thing over several days. Got to watch several bulls stealing cows and herding cows up mountains which was really cool to watch. Had several evenings of bulls coming in from every direction bugling for hours and almost sealed the deal on some giants. Ended up taking a nice 6x6 on day 4. He came in hard on the cow call. Was able to get a 20-yard shot.
                  Great job, Tyler! Sorry I did not get to see you while you were here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the weather looking like for the first Rifle Season In Colorado Oct. 15-19? Anybody got any anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                      I’ve never elk hunter. I would love to just get a cow elk with my bow for the meat. I’m thinking that might be really tough though because you can call bulls but can you call cows? In videos the cows are always in big groups. That would be a lot of eyes, ears and noses to contend with. Is this just a dumb idea to try to get a cow with my bow?
                      No, not a dumb idea. I had 17 cows from 12-28 yards over 5 days, two weeks ago.

Comment

First bull! I shot my first bull the last week of September. He responded to a bugle and i worked my way to him. He didn't actually come in to a call but he came out when he heard me working my way to him when I was about 30 yards away. He gave me a 10 yard frontal shot and he ran about 60 yards and fell over. The arrow exited behind the shoulder and he had a blood trail Stevie Wonder could have followed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on another great TBH bull.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got lucky and drew a good tag in Wyoming in the Random Pool… ending up finding an outfitter I felt good about that had an opening the last week of September. Throughout my hunt I got to witness everything I’d ever heard about happening during the rut…. All-day bugling, fights, glunking, a bull screaming in my face at 5 yds…. All of it.

The herd bulls all had 12-20 cows with them. We were not able to call them off their cows. We did call in several satellite bulls and rag horns. Ending up killing this bull coming to water on the last night of the hunt. We had seen him earlier in the week with 18 cows and he came to water by himself at 4 in the afternoon.

Comment

Wow nice bulls

Comment

Great bulls! Congrats to all, way to go. Awesome pics

Comment

Working...
                                X