Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite time throughout your time on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    October 15th 2021 up until now. Sold all cattle then and completely retired to full time piddler. I've got 12 game cameras running and pull cards about every 2 days. Sending deer, hog, coyote, and bobcat pics to my Grandkids is a blast. Never thought I would enjoy nothing to do, but I love it.
    You have the best thing to do bud. It's called, whatever you wanna do. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      I got to thinking about things that I have seen in my lifetime and that you don't see much of anymore. Also what time in my life I'd go back to if I could rewind time. I'm an '89 model so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But you hear people talk about "the good ol'days", if ever there was such a thing. But things seemed simpler even in the 90's. Maybe partly because I was a kid. So of course it seemed that way to me.

But anyways I started thinking about how arcades are now a thing of the past and I'm sure there are more I could think of. Also going to McDonald's and not spending $10 for a Big Mac and fries and a drink. Just to name a few small noticeable things. Not as many cellphones could also be mentioned. That's one thing I've seen change for sure in my lifetime. Used to hardly anyone had one. Now it's rare to see someone who doesn't.

So having said that if you could have one time period at any point in your lifetime and live it right now over again what would it be? For me it's the 90's. It might not be as cool as an adult but I'd give it a go.
      I think if I could re-live any point of my life it would be when my two oldest kids were little. I was gone a lot, making a living, and missed a bunch of their stuff that I only got to see in pictures. Life/work has changed since then so I've gotten to really be there for the youngest.

We don't realize what's really important until it's too late to go back.

Great thread.

Comment

Ages 19-34….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Being married to my beautiful wife Chris. We met in 1970 after I got home from Viet Nam and I was a mess. She married me under 4 conditions. If I taught her how to fish, shoot a bow, quit drinking and quit smoking. To this day at 73 I still don't drink or smoke. She was a poor farmers daughter and I grew up with nothing. We met and it was love at 1st sight. We did everything together. She became a nurse and I became a police officer. We took up running, then bicycling then triathlons. We also took up self contained cycling. The absolute best time was our ride across the United States from Washington to Maine. Never an issue and had the best time ever. I see male and female cyclists today riding together I get jealous. I buried my beautiful Chris almost 4 years ago as cancer stole her from me. Man I really miss her.
          So to answer your question. My almost 48 years with my Chris.
          Last edited by Jon Stewart; 09-28-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

My later teens, and 20s definitely, wild times, lots of drinking, lots of females, racing cars, lots of fishing, hunting, shooting, dirt bikes, and just generally crazy stuff often. I worked hard, the hours of the day, I was not at work, I found something to do, that was entertaining. I was never home, never watched movies, TV, had no idea what was going on in the world and did not care. I was proof you can survive on 2 hours of sleep a day, or 2 hours every other day.

Today, my body could not handle 2 days of life, like I lived when I was in my early 20s, but not mean I would not try.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
              Being married to my beautiful wife Chris. We met in 1970 after I got home from Viet Nam and I was a mess. She married me under 4 conditions. If I taught her how to fish, shoot a bow, quit drinking and quit smoking. To this day at 73 I still don't drink or smoke. She was a poor farmers daughter and I grew up with nothing. We met and it was love at 1st sight. We did everything together. She became a nurse and I became a police officer. We took up running, then bicycling then triathlons. We also took up self contained cycling. The absolute best time was our ride across the United States from Washington to Maine. Never an issue and had the best time ever. I see male and female cyclists today riding together I get jealous. I buried my beautiful Chris almost 4 years ago as cancer stole her from me. Man I really miss her.
              I'm sorry for your loss sir.

And if it means anything to you, thank you for your service.

Comment

My special time was an Alaskan caribou hunt back in nineteen eighty three. I was in perfect physical shape. Spent 7 days on the Alaskan peninsula. Flew 50 miles south out of Pilot Point. Awesome country. Wonderful time with two good friends and fellow hunters. Both are now gone. Youth escapes you rapidly. If you still have your youth take advantage of it while you can. Memories like that trip are priceless.

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss of your partner and friend. You all have a great life it sounds like and memories of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

There are people, 3 bird dogs, and things I miss. But basically, I remember all phases of my 60 years fondly. However, I look forward to and work to set myself up for some good times ahead!

Comment

Brother, after your testament to her, I miss her for you. What a wonderful and blessed marriage you shared together. I'm sorry for the grief you've suffered but you haven't lost her. She just needed a head start in decorating your forever home before you get there.
                      My prayers are with you Jon

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                        I think if I could re-live any point of my life it would be when my two oldest kids were little. I was gone a lot, making a living, and missed a bunch of their stuff that I only got to see in pictures. Life/work has changed since then so I've gotten to really be there for the youngest.

We don't realize what's really important until it's too late to go back.

Great thread.

You nailed it Heath, my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coming back home from Iraq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For me , I loved coaching T - Ball. Kids were so inocent & spoke their mind.

I hope to get the chance with my grandson coaching him in T ball.

Comment

Right here right now! The past is the past and it made me what I am now. No way on earth would I want to change anything. Today is the best day of my life!

Comment

I lived in Russia as a missionary for a few years and those days were sweet. I remember traveling across Siberia in a train drinking tea and just watching the countless trees go by. Such an interesting place. Lots of crazy stories too from the locals like that they have wolves the size of horses. Probably pulling my leg, but it was fun. So many memories there. I was also a mountaineering guide in Colorado for a couple of years and I have memories of sitting on the top of peaks we climbed just marveling at God's creation.

Comment

Working...
                                X