Purina Pro Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purina Pro Plan

Seaven is now 15 years old and has some teeth issues. I have been feeding her Victors grain free Salmon for some time now. However, now she is getting picky or the dry food is bothering her. A friend recommended Purina Pro Plan shredded lamb and rice. Anyone have feedback or suggestions? I am looking for a soft dry food that is quality.

I purchased a small bag and mixed it with her Victors. She ate it all. Thinking something new so perhaps that is why.

Might want to give Fresh Pet a try.

Comment

Purina pro plan is great food. Thats what our boxer eats and loves it.

Comment

Purina Pro Plan is good food. Highly recommend avoiding grain free diets.

Comment

Both vets I’ve used have recommended PPP. Our old dog had it off and on the last couple years off her life. She would get really picky and we would have to switch things up for her. She was fighting a liver issue and it affected her appetite. PPP was one of the foods she would eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
            Purina Pro Plan is good food. Highly recommend avoiding grain free diets.
            I would listen to this guy.

Comment

That's the exact food I feed my mutt. PITA cause my wife's 4lb purse dog sits there and yaps at feeding time until I pick out a few of the soft chunks for him.

My dog had poop issues before we got on this food. She still manufactures more going out that goes in somehow but at least its solid and easy to pick up in the scooper.

Comment

Stick with Purina Pro Plan. Great food I feed to our 3 labs, oldest is 12.

Comment

I’ve used pro plan on and off through the years. I’ve made it my go to in the fall and winter for my bird dogs. My needs are a little different than yours, but it’s a quality product nonetheless. My oldest dog on the team is now 7.

Comment

We have been on Pro Plan kibble for several years. Dogs like it and they look great

Comment

Ive been feeding my 2 labs Purina pro plan for about 2 years. Switched from Blue Buffalo. They love it and their farts no longer clear the room.

Comment

I fed PPP, Eukanuba, and Victor Professional. Dog has been picky about eating since I can remember. Made the switch again to PPP Shredded Salmon and Rice. Dog loves it and is in the best shape of her life. Think my BLF had a chicken allergy, dry skin and itching has decreased dramatically.

Comment

Considering her age, you might want to try soaking her food well in just plain water to make it easier for her to eat. Also, considering switching her to mostly canned food.

The thing I've noticed about canned food - the dogs sure get gassy with it.

Comment

Just pour water over the dry kibble, it’ll make it softer. I’ve been doing this for a while for my 15 yo Brittany.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymccaw View Post
                              I fed PPP, Eukanuba, and Victor Professional. Dog has been picky about eating since I can remember. Made the switch again to PPP Shredded Salmon and Rice. Dog loves it and is in the best shape of her life. Think my BLF had a chicken allergy, dry skin and itching has decreased dramatically.
                              I am wondering if my Lacy has an allergy to the chicken PPP. He started developing hot spots since he has been on it. I may go to the salmon. He picks the dang chicken out anyway and leaves most of the kibbles.

Comment

Working...
                              X